It's Official....this is driving me crazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I can't find the remote control for the TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've looked everywhere...under the sofa cushions, under the table, by the phone, by the computer...I had it just a little while ago when I used the phone...I hate when this happens! :lol:

:der:

:hyper:

:banghead:

The bed I used to have at my old house was like 5 feet tall (Dad built it for me), and whenever I dropped my remote onto the floor, I was always too damn lazy to get out of bed and get it. I had to rig up this emergency stick I could keep on my shelf so I could poke the buttons on my TV without getting out of bed.

Sloth really is the mother of invention. :D

i hate that!

jeez, i feel like an idiot when i do that! like i need a clapper-like gadget to find the remote or something..hehe:huh:

I want to us to be Luscious Starr and Golden Delicious duo rappers

Bonochick said:
The bed I used to have at my old house was like 5 feet tall (Dad built it for me), and whenever I dropped my remote onto the floor, I was always too damn lazy to get out of bed and get it. I had to rig up this emergency stick I could keep on my shelf so I could poke the buttons on my TV without getting out of bed.

:lol: BC!

Last edited:
I also had to have Dad mount my phone up higher on the wall so it was right by my head...I hated having to reach all the way down to my desk. I had my own phone line in the house...one time, my stick was on the other side of the room, and I dropped my remote...so I picked up my phone and called my dad in the kitchen to ask him to come get my remote for me...and..."while you're on your way, can you bring me somethin' to drink?" :laugh:

I finally found it! :happy:

In the bathroom on the counter!

:eyebrow: *wonders how it got in there* :uhoh: :lol:

daisybean said:

Hey BC how come you're bed was 5 ft off the floor? Was it bunk beds or did you just have really really long legs?

My sister and I had so many toys and stuff when we were little that we were runnin' outta storage space. My dad...being ever so handy...built us beds with huge storage space underneath (there were three doors on the side of the bed to open to put stuff in). Eventually, my sister moved out and got a different bed, so Dad stacked hers on top of mine so I could have extra storage space. I needed a stepladder to get in it though.

BC's Sis: You don't need a step ladder!

BC: Yes I do...how else will I get into bed?

BC's Sis: Just get a running start!

*takes off running towards bed*

*leaps up*

*slams into wooden side*

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

BC: Exactly...........

Bonochick said:

:lmao: It's also one of the 7 deadly sins. :uhoh:

Abel, that happens to me a lot. And it's not like I have a big room for me not to find it. :mad:

nbcrusader said:
Anyone here old enough to remember actually geting up to change the channel?
me. when i was a kid, our tv in the living room didn't have a remote. we had it until i was 11. granted, we also had cable so we'd change channels with a remote, but we still had to get up and down to turn the tv on and off, and adjust the volume.

I remember the VCR I had in my bedroom as a child had a 6 button remote, and it was connected to the VCR by a really, really long cord. :der: :laugh:

Bonochick said:
I remember the VCR I had in my bedroom as a child had a 6 button remote, and it was connected to the VCR by a really, really long cord. :der: :laugh:

:tsk:

ABEL said:

I used to sit and chew on the cord and the remote too. :der: I think that's why it finally had to be replaced.

*munch, munch, munch*

Yes, I was a spoiled child.

Re: i hate that!

eebz said:
jeez, i feel like an idiot when i do that! like i need a clapper-like gadget to find the remote or something..hehe:huh:

"when did you get zi clapper?" :lmao: I cant resist quoting, sorry eebz!

I have such a huge mental issue with remote controls. My house has too many remotes. I am sure I am not alone in this problem either. Talk about sloth...damn BC I am glad you are here to help me not feel bad! We have a remote for everything, the air con, the tv, the vcr, the dvd, the stereo, the foxtel, the playstation gah. We also have recliners in our loungeroom so I get all nice and comfy then realise I am missing one essential remote which will be on the coffee table or one of the other lounge chairs. I am sloth, hear me roar like a bear in a trap if I have to actually get off my arse to get one of the modern inventions designed ironically to make life easier!
:lmao:

I just realised it is the same thing with cordless phones. We have 2 in our house that are cordless, and do you think I am ever within arm's reach when they ring? Noooooooooooo!

Bah!

Back
Top Bottom