***It's Official: The Heart Of Rock And Roll Is In Plebans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinball Wizard

Refugee
Rueters-- (AP).

The Heart of Rock and Roll Is In Plebans: Internet Forum Boasts High Frequency of Knowledgeable Fans.

Have you ever wondered who in the world is most in touch with the rock and roll mentality? Based on recent database compiling and statistical analysis, it appears that the proportion of the globe's brain trust of rock has been determined. Findings derived from a Mendelson-Horg (Munich) study concur with previously filed literature, in defining a small cross-section of fans of the band U2. The Irish quartet, surpassing the quarter century of rock occupation, has collected a particular set of fans renowned for their keen critical vantage on popular music issues.

Specifically, in a sub-forum of the fan site Interference.com, a group affectionately known as "PLEBANS" provides the most distinguished and eloquent of rock insight. According to John Hodges of Mendelson-Horg, this diverse group of dedicated followers exhibits a tribalistic disposition, uniting in the cause of educating the world; a pursuit that renews his optimism in the present state of music.

"Plebans in their most basic form have shown a high propensity for knowledgeability in the face of musical discussion. When it comes to conversations of various band aesthetics and verility, reasonable rationalization is the pervasive trend"- John Hodges.

Hodges further delineates the fans by degrees of reactivity to conflict. The classification is made that pure rock minds are those that reject traditional logistical dogma, for an ambitious and restrictive perspective. Commonalities of Plebans, and their intrinsic communal unity seem to parallel their interconnectivity with rock culture. Tendencies of the group are reflected in Hodges hypothetical personality construct of the ideal rock fan.

"In terms of rock ideology, it seems that visual fetish is the characteristic attribute of the ideal. It is clearly relative to the Pleban genetic and behavioural profile; those pre-disposed to massive drooling and unabashed excitation are more likely to exhibit the rock and roll purity factor." - John Hodges

What is the root of this determination? How can such claims not be interpreted as illicit propaganda from band promoters? Mendelson-Horg proposes that of course there is no clear distinction in the matter, as it is all rooted in subjectivity.

"If you want to understand the research, you must first see for yourself the spirit of the forum and its inhabitants. The posting precision is impeccable, but do not take their authority lightly. Because of their brashness it is advised that you heed my words of caution... do not go bearing resentment or leather."- John Hodges.

Last edited:
thesauruses :up:

:sexywink:

-chizip (the one and only cujo-an)

Last edited:
first posts from fym showed up in google news, then the canadian press quoted screaming flower from the bang and the clatter, now this

interference is quite popular it appears

just doesnt it seem kinda weird? I mean, I can understand if there was a new U2 album out or something. Then news organizations could be looking for different angles to cover the same story? eh who knows

who even knew plebans were a story?

they should be talking about the put 'em under pressure people, those are the true fans :wink:

googlism for pleba:
pleba is the ladies loo where we act like fools
pleba is a message board hosted by interference
pleba is the forum where girls can go and talk about how they wanna

Apparently, Pleban is also a surname. :|

Nice job, Mr. Wizard. :up:

Replying to my journal entries all those times was going to rub off on you eventually. :sexywink:

Melon

I'm bearing leather and resentment right now...mostly just leather though.

:up:

*wonders if the word Plebans will one day be added to the dictionary* :lol:

I would be sharpening shovels if I posted in PLEBA

paul.gif
:D
paul.gif

Back
Top Bottom