it's official # the event is here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
This is the weekend of my medieval re-enactment group's Middle Eastern-themed event. I'm leaving this afternoon, going to the town, and staying in a motel tonight so I won't have to judge a cabin snoring competition. Not my idea of Friday evening entertainment.:censored: :censored: Tomorrow we'll have dance classes, all sorts of classes, I'm giving a class on the Turks, I hope I don't screw up. :hyper: :hyper: I'll be back tomorrow night.

Unfortunately one of my best friends got killed in a car accident last night on the way to the event. I got the bad news this morning when I got on site. I got to the registration table and there was a brief notice, a can for a bereavement fund.......I am worried about her husband, he survived the accident physically but I don't know about emotionally. Someone said that you get "survivor's guilt" when you survive a loved one's death in an accident. We managed to have some neat conversations about costumes, food, and other things, but we are in shock over Heather's death.:sad: :sad: :( :(

Thanks, everyone! It's not like this event was completely joyless. We enjoyed the fighting, the classes, and especially the food! It was very subdued to say the least. I cancelled my class. I just couldn't do it because my concentration went to hell in a haybasket. Also there was a scheduling problem as this situation caused a change in the plans. It was cool the way we were able to team up and just pull the thing off. We pulled off the tournament, the classes, a faire assembly in our best costumes, and the feast. Some people wanted to leave immediately and go to this couple's home town to be with the husband, but we couldn't do this, we had to work at the faire. I left before the party. Whew!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom