it's official # the eight-hour swim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Yesterday my brother, his wife, and his kid by his first wife, along with some friends, went swimming in a creek in the next county. They'd been told they'd reach their place in two hours if they just kept up with the creek wearing their tubes, you know, those things that look like great big doughnuts. They started at 2 P.M. Well, eight hours later they were still in the creek and nowhere near home and it was PITCH black. They got out of the creek, not knowing where the hell they were, and.......found their way back. We're getting the details at dinner tonight. I'm told it's truly an amazing story.

zonelistener said:
what is a tube? Donut-shaped?

Please explain further.

In the South we pronounce the names of these objects "innertubes" and they're full of air. They make you float in the water. They're not rafts. They're round thingies that you use to float like rafts. Thank God they had them.

Actually the name of the creek is Locust Fork. That's also the name of the town where they were........as it turns out rescued by the Fire Department at some insane hour of the morning, four hours after getting out of the creek. Whew!:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

zonelistener said:
Yikes!

How did they get in touch with the fire department?

They saw the fire department people when they (luckily) found the road after an undetermined amount of time finding their way out of the woods--OK, about three and a half hours.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i've always wanted to go tubin down the chattahooche in the N. GA Mountains. if i get in that river here in Atlanta, i might as well take my own life. :mad:

Be careful. If someone tells you it's going to take two hours to get somewhere.........be flexible, to put it mildly.

:heart: Tubing :heart:

My sister and I used to baby-sit for this family who would sometimes take us out tubing instead of paying us money. :hyper: So much fun!!

I mentioned Apple River......

went tubbing there a few years back. It is in Wisconsin....you need to wear shoes on the river while tubing because of the number of broken beer bottles on the floor of the river. After all, it is Wisconsin.

It was a bit fun. Floating down the river...getting completely pissed. One tub for you, one for a cooler.

My sister has one of those arse huge innertube things, one with handles etc and we hook it up to the back of the jetski with a waterski rope and voila - the time of your life.

the most kick arse fun you can have when its 28 million degrees out and the river is sitting there, glistening in the hot sun, calling your name...

must remember to attach an esky one day. pity the river is hugely patrolled by the water police and they fine you for drink-tubing :mad:

glad everyone was ok verte :up:

I'm glad they're OK too! They didn't know what they were getting themselves into. I love swimming but I think I'll stick to the local pool. I don't want to go looking for somebody in Small Town X at midnight.

Back
Top Bottom