It's Official: The Bugs Are Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Now that the trees are almost ready to leaf out, the bugs are beginning to return. Noticed quite a few blackflies the other day, not in a biting mood.. just hitting off my forehead. The ants are back and I saw a centipede. Those things give me the heebie jeebies.

I'm pretty good with six legged and eight legged bugs and winged bugs as well. But when it comes to wormy things still :yikes:

Although I have been known to freak out when one of those big june beetles with the hard shell gets stuck in my hair! :eeklaugh:

dandy said:
i think a spider bit me on my ankle this week. it's all itchy and red and inflamed. :mad:

a spider bit you??? :yikes:

i thought that didn't happen in Canananananda.
You said so!

You lied! :scream:

:huntsman:

:mad: bugs... esp. black, quick spiders, regardless of size, 'cos they creep me out and wasps, those pesky, biting, awful things!! We had one in the basement the other day and I am terrified of wasps (killing a spider is easier since they don't fly around, etc.) and I was rendered incapable of any other thought until it was out of my house! I tried swatting it, which took considerable building up of courage, but it just got angry and buzzed around, sending me running upstairs screaming... I sprayed it with mosquito repellant being that was all I had to deal with insects but it didn't seem to do anything; I finally rigged a "homemade" trap with a bucket of water & dishsoap and a piece of jam/bread on a string... but when I went down to check, I couldn't see the bugger anywhere and eventually assumed it died or got out on its own.
I ended up discovering it dead in my washing machine :huh: but I'm just glad I didn't have to deal with it anymore!

BonosBaby12 said:
Bugs typically don't bother me but those damn ticks do! I felt one crawling behind my ear last night :yikes:

Ewe ticks are soooooo nasty! Had to pick one out of my dog once and it was so gross. Grossest thing I've ever seen bug or insect-wise. Ticks are bastards!

Carek1230 said:

Ewe ticks are soooooo nasty! Had to pick one out of my dog once and it was so gross. Grossest thing I've ever seen bug or insect-wise. Ticks are bastards!

They sure enough are! Feel for you with the experience you had of taking it off of your dog. Yuck!

Before I moved to the country in 99 I hardly ever saw one. Than when I had only been living out here for about a month I got bit by one of those bastards and never realized it. Damn thing gave me Lyme disease and Bell's Palsy because of a viral infection from the bite. These damn suckers should become extinct :madspit: :tsk:

dandy said:
i never said canada was a spider-free country. :mad:

Unfortunately, I can back dandy up here. :sad:

Newfoundland garden spiders + basement bedrooms = hell for arachnophobes.

Back
Top Bottom