IT'S OFFICIAL #The Bat Signal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Batman and Robin fighting crime - in Whitley

Two mystery men dressed as Batman and Robin have been fighting crime and saving damsels in distress in a small English town.

The pair have been spotted springing into action a number of times in recent weeks on the streets of Whitley, near Reading.

The Reading Evening Post asked readers for news of the duo after they dealt with a pair of streakers at a local football cup final.

And the newspaper was besieged with calls from residents who claimed to have seen the 'superheroes' in action.

Michelle Kirby was stranded when her Peugeot 206 ran out of petrol on Easter Sunday - until Batman and Robin appeared out of nowhere and pushed her car to the nearest petrol station.

She said: "They just appeared. I saw them running down the road in Batman and Robin outfits - I was laughing so much.

"It was like a scene out of Only Fools and Horses and they stayed in character the whole time.

"They said, "I'm Batman, I'm Robin" and I said, "No, you're not" and asked them if they were going to a fancy dress party but they said they were going back to Gotham City."

Ray Cox, 61, spotted the caped crusaders at about 11.30am after doing his morning shopping.

"I said to my wife, it would make it a better and safer place with these men," he said. "Batman was quite a broad chap. They would scare a few muggers off and I'd feel safer in Whitley."

jay's a slut.

oh wait, that's also common knowledge.

i got nothing.

well, SOME people tend to think it's not exactly an admirable social quality...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/story.asp?intid=9320

WHAT?S THAT BATMAN? A CRIMINAL on BASINGSTOKE ROAD? LET?S GO ? Whitley crime-busting duo Batman and Robin prepare to snare another evil enemy in their batmobile

EVILDOERS beware!

The mystery men running around town dressed as Batman and Robin have vowed that their venture will continue and no law-breaker will be safe from their grasp.

And in an exclusive interview with the Evening Post from inside their secret South Reading Batcave our superheroes reveal the motives behind their crime-busting crusade.

Holy Picture Exclusive Batman! SPEAKING from deep within their secret Batcave, the Caped Crusader and his loyal side-kick Boy Wonder have warned criminals they?re here to stay.

As we revealed yesterday, the two mystery men have been running around town doing good deeds such as helping stranded motorists and shooing streakers from football pitches.

The Evening Post appealed for the intrepid pair to come forward and tell us their amazing story ? and, holy cow, they have!

The duo say that after leaving Gotham City they have been patrolling the streets to tackle wrongdoers and protect the innocent.

They have one simple motive: To make Whitley a better and safer place.

?We don?t think Martin Salter and Tony Blair are doing a good job, so we want to give people a taste of what we can do.

?We want to make the lives of Whitley people better,? said Batman after our intrepid team tracked down his hidden lair.

The Boy Wonder added: ?We will go wherever we are needed. The Reading public should expect many more sightings of us over the summer.?

And proving that a superhero is also a good citizen, our crime-busting twosome sent out this special message to Whitley?s youth.

?Don?t do drugs, don?t carry knives, and if you must fight to defend yourself, you can?t beat a good left hook.?

The news that Batman is married will break the hearts of his adoring fans, and he says that any would-be Batgirls can just forget any super-sidekick ambitions ? the pest-beating team are not likely to be advertising in the Evening Post?s Jobfinder section in the very near future.
?There are no women on this team,? said the Caped Crusader. ?I am married now and I think jealousy would rear its ugly head.?

He added that fitting the superhero life around a busy family life was difficult but worth it.
Mrs Batman, a busy mum, agreed that hubby?s job was not ?your typical nine to five? but she had learned to live with it.

And she said he was a ?model husband? who takes out the rubbish every Thursday although he will not go near a Hoover or an iron. She said: ?He is always rushing off and I wonder what he will do next. But he is keeping the streets of Whitley safe and that makes it all worthwhile.?
Despite his crime-fighting performances, Batman admits to feeling the financial pinch of his superhero status.

?We left Gotham City for tax reasons. Superheroes get paid nothing nowadays,? he said ?Even Batman is not safe from The Taxman but we are family men now and we have to survive.

?We even have a new model Batmobile. The last one was very expensive to run but this one?s got cheaper tax and it does 60 miles to the gallon.?
But despite the demands on their time and money, our masked heroes ? who declined to reveal their true identities to the Reading public ? say they came here because the town needs them, and they will be around for as long as it does.

Where will the duo strike next? Will the new Batmobile pass its MoT? And who are the real men behind the masks? The Evening Post?s top secret meeting with Batman and Robin was made possible by the Caped Crusader?s life-long friend Terry McCann.

If you have seen them in action call the Batphone on (0118) 918 3009.

pepokiss said:
DAMM... :angry:... somebody stole MY idea... :mad:

really... I'm not kidding

Tell me about it, someone stole my idea for a pen with a radio. :angry: Of course, I had no idea how to put a radio into a pen, but I bloody thought of it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom