It's official ~ tea is better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calluna said:
I :heart: tea

I am drinking a cup of Bushell's right now, as a matter of fact.

The thing is guys, tea has to be made properly and hardly any restaurants or cafes (at least here in the US) make it to my specifications so I usually only drink coffee when I am out and I make tea at home so I can have it just the way I like it.

What are my specifications you might ask?

(1) It has to be made from actual boiling kettle water, I don't care if it is an electric kettle or a stovetop one, none of this putting tea water through the coffee machine and for heaven's sake no microwaving it!@!

(2) It has to be steeped for a good five minutes at least.

(3) I prefer two tea bags if it is a large cup.

(4) Whole milk added. None of that nonfat crap.

(5) Decent quality tea. (No Liptons, I'm talking Red Rose or PG Tips or Bushells, something like that.)

I think that covers it.

The only thing I would add is warming up the teapot before making the tea :up:

bammo2 said:
mmmmmmm tea

I hate all that pretentious demented chai/green/tastes like shit tea though. Give me a nice cup of PG Tips any day :drool:

Pah! Green tea is not pretentious. It's simply :drool:

Now, on the other hand, I can't live without a cup of Barry's Tea a day...lol

ooh yeah I used to like barry's tea when I was living in ireland

I mean, I had to, cos it was the only stuff the hotel I worked at had. but it was pretty good. Not as good as English tea, of course :wink:

ps I can't imagine having whole milk in a cup of tea. Always, always semi. either that or black. but if it's black, I only leave the tea bag in for a few seconds :yes:

I agree that the kettle has to be properly boiling kettle water. And it's rubbish if the water is too hard. And a tea pot is always superior to bags. But if you have tea pot tea, you have to have a good quality strainer. the type that looks like a minature sieve :up:

and sophie - pg tips is good, honest, proper english tea :)

Calluna said:
I :heart: tea

I am drinking a cup of Bushell's right now, as a matter of fact.

The thing is guys, tea has to be made properly and hardly any restaurants or cafes (at least here in the US) make it to my specifications so I usually only drink coffee when I am out and I make tea at home so I can have it just the way I like it.

What are my specifications you might ask?

(1) It has to be made from actual boiling kettle water, I don't care if it is an electric kettle or a stovetop one, none of this putting tea water through the coffee machine and for heaven's sake no microwaving it!@!

(2) It has to be steeped for a good five minutes at least.

(3) I prefer two tea bags if it is a large cup.

(4) Whole milk added. None of that nonfat crap.

(5) Decent quality tea. (No Liptons, I'm talking Red Rose or PG Tips or Bushells, something like that.)

I think that covers it.

That´s an all right tea :up: I never heard of people who put water in a microwave :lol:

I prefer no tea bags, if you don´t mind. I´d rather have one spoon p.P. plus one for the kettle.. right from the Earl Grey tea box.

Also, make sure that the water does not boil for ten minutes. Take it off when it just starts boiling.

Also, make sure that you warm the pot before you put the spoons of tea inside. A little of hot water inside before; when the tea goes inside there is a little of steam that will make the fine leaves of tea ready - opened - for the cooking water.

Last edited:
tiny dancer said:
I'm drinking some Orange spice tea right now! :wink:

Green tea is good for you!!!

As you maybe already know, for green tea you should use water that´s about 70 degrees not (instead of 100, cooking). Only two, max. three minutes, not ten.

It´s 5 a.m.

time for tea ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom