It's Official # Take This Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should I Get A Digital Camera or a Scanner?

• Get a digital camera, they friggin rule!

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Go for the scanner!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I will buy you both a scanner and camera just for voting in your poll

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
What should I get/ask for? :shrug:

My mom said for my birthday she was looking around at digital cameras. I thought, "oh, cool", then realized that if I was getting one of those I would no longer be able to have actual pictures, and who wants their pics "just" online? :der: (Unless there are some where you can get pics developed AND put them online; I have no friggin clue about these things.)

Or, should I ask her for a scanner instead? :scratch: But then I'd have to keep buying crap ass disposables and etc...

My head is going to explode. :crazy: :help:

I voted for scanner.... because unless your mom can afford to get you a really good high quality one........ I wouldn't bother.

I am the same...... I don't want all my pictures online and you can get them developed into real pictures but I think quality isn't as good. Just my opinion. I guess I am old fashioned. I guess ideally, if one could have a good camera and a digital camera rock on, but if it were one or the other, I'd go for a reall camera and a scanner.

definitely go for the camera...there are always places you can go like Kinko's to use scanners on the outside chance you need to use a scanner for something, but I absolutely :heart: my digital camera.

of course, I have both a scanner and digital camera :uhoh: :silent:
but I definitely use my digital camera much more than my scanner

and you save all that money on film and developing and you know right then you have the pic :wink:

also, at places like Kinkos, Walgreens, Wolf Camera and Video, and a lot of other photo developing places, they have machines where you can get actual photos printed from the memory sticks that the cameras use or from a disk or cd and you can print just the photos you want for usually around 10 cents a print or so :up:

ok this will be my last reply, lol...you can get a good scanner for $80 or less, so if your mom is going to shell out the $$ go for you to get a good digital camera now, go for the camera, and save up to get a scanner later :sexywink:

Camera. You can take as many pictures as you want of random things and don't have to worry about paying to get them developed, and you can always use a regular camera when you don't want to use the digital one.

Yep, and you can SEE your pictures right after you take them and delete them if they turn out crappy :wink:

I only use my real camera at concerts and things when I'm not sure if cameras are allowed so my digital doesn't get taken away.

Many digital camera web sites will tell you the minimum number of pixels you need based on the size of the photographs you want to create.

2.0 Megapixels may be good for up to a 5X7, for example.

If you want to make enlargements (8X10 and up), you will need more Megapixels.

Yay! Glad you are going with the camera. Guess I voted after you already made up your mind, but I'll voice my support for your decision anyway. ;)

I have a digital camera, but it's a piece of crap. :mad:

I really want one...we have two scanners, but I would use a digital camera A LOT more often. I think my regular camera is on its last life, but I can't afford a digital one...so I think I'm gonna have to get another 35mm once I get some $$$.

We expect to see many, many pictures of Mia once you get the camera. :cute:

I'm not even sure...I tucked it away somewhere. It was a gift...it was extremely cheap though...probably like $40 or something. You get what you pay for...I'm sure you aren't planning on going that cheap, so you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom