It's Official# Sunsets in San Francisco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
I love this city. I spent the afternoon walking around the Presidio in San Francisco taking pictures with a friend (I was showing her how to use her new camera)...and we went over to the Golden Gate Bridge to watch the sunset. Absolutely beautiful :drool:. I need to do this more often. It's weird that the golden gate bridge has been romanticized so much, but when you're there watching the sunset, it really is quite a sight, and it's really relaxing. :) I used up 2 rolls of film, and hopefully got some good shots of the bridge and a few with my friend looking out with the bridge in the distance.

So anyone else have a favorite spot to go watch the sunset (or sunrise?)

nothing could compare to a desert sunset. or sunrise. they're indescribable, wonderful...they make you feel alive. there is a moment, in the evenings, when the hills turn black against the sky...just a dark silhouette, and the stars begin to shine...that's wishing time.

I :heart: sunsets and sunrises too...I don't have a favorite place to watch them from, but I do enjoy them! I like taking pics of them too when I have my camera with me!

I also like to look for sundogs :yes:

Abel! Quit following me! :laugh: I miss San Fransisco. I used to visit it quite often. If cost of living there didn't freaking cost so much I'd prolly end up moving there.

Like Bonosgirl said about the desert, it's gorgeous. I used to be involved with a cycling team back in the early 90s. Every winter the team would trek out to Borrego Springs for some training rides. The only thing that kept me going on those cold arse desert mornings was getting to watch the sun come up at 5 or 6 in the morning. Words cannot describe what it was like. :heart:

I dont go to the city as often as I should :crack:

I hate the one way no left turn one way no left turn streets :crazy:

One of the main things I don't like about San Francisco is driving a stick with all the damn steep hills around. Especially since people have a tendency to ride your bumper in the city...

During the summer months I'll go down to the lake (Ontario) and watch the sunsets. It's not the same as watching the sun set over the ocean but it's still really nice.

My family used to go to this place called Mackinac Island up off of the UP of Michigan. There were no cars, just horses and bikes so it was really peaceful. One of my favorite things to do was ride around the island and watch the sunset over the lake, with all orange, pink, and purple lights sparkling off the water. So gorgeous. :heart:

Also, I've got to say, I've only been to San Francisco once for about a week but it's one of my favorite places in the world. Once during the trip, we took a ferry over to Sausalito and sat in an outdoor cafe, watching the sunset over the bay as the fog rolled in...just lovely. :)

the best place to watch a sunset...is sitting overlooking the water...doesnt have to be an ocean..could be a lake, a river, a waterfall..

definitely not the bathtub though...:|

Best to sit in the arms of a loved one...listening to the quiet breeze..the captivating colours..and wow...sounds good right about now..

Algonquin Park has some nice sunsets...

what basstrap said. i remember going to the beach alot, and staying there all day til night. watching the sun set in the late afternoon was just beautiful. i miss those times.

I liked Seattle sunsets for some reason. Ocean/desert/mountains are also good.

Wow, that sounded so uninspiring.

*goes to work on being more inspiring.

the best sunset i saw was when i was in Hawaii :drool: i have seen some beautiful ones here in Atlanta though. and another pretty sunset was when i was in Ireland. and of course San Fran ;)

anyway, here are my sunset photos from the big island of hawaii in 1995
:love:
33696%3B2723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23233786689%3B3ot1lsi

33696%3B2723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23233786695%3B2ot1lsi

Last edited:
I love seeing the sunrise and set on the Golden gate bridge too, I have to do that at least once when I visit my sister in Livermore. But my favorite spot to see the sunrise and set is in my frontyard (sunrise) and backyard(sunset) I used to have amazing photos of the sunrise and sunset here but my dad erase all the photos on accident and so I have to take more when I get the chance.

I have some beautiful sunset pics from San Francisco and Phoenix. I have some really great ones taken from a restaurant at the Berkeley marina. Palm Springs also has nice sunsets.

Right here where I live, has the best sunsets in the entire world. Thank-You very much.
Ok, maybe English Bay over in Van is pretty damn fine too... :drool:

Cleasai said:
This was taken from my friend's balcony. Sunsets with storm clouds are always beautiful...
sunset1.jpg

We had a sunset kind of like that one today. Made me wish I could've had today off to go to the bridge and take pictures. Sunsets over water are the best.

Back
Top Bottom