It's Official #stupid question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
What do you do when more than one person responds to your for sale ad and wants the same thing? I had two people email me about my bed and I sent them both pictures and now they both want to buy it, and I don't know how to reply to the emails. :confused:

say something like 'hey, I've got another offer from <other party> at <this price>, but I'm open to a bit of negotiation from you', to each of them.

or something.

yertle-the-turtle said:
say something like 'hey, I've got another offer from <other party> at <this price>, but I'm open to a bit of negotiation from you', to each of them.

or something.

I think this is a good idea - otherwise if you want to sell it at the price you offered it at. I would give it to the person who contacted you first.

DiGi said:

otherwise if you want to sell it at the price you offered it at. I would give it to the person who contacted you first.

Yeah, it's only fair.

Where are the smilies, DiGi? :eyebrow:

:hmm: the first person is coming tomorrow to look at it, but someone else offered me $180 for it (I had it listed as $150). :crazy:

I don't understand selling things. :reject:

Either sell it to the first person who contacted you... or to the highest bidder. That is what is fair.

Angel said:
Either sell it to the first person who contacted you... or to the highest bidder. That is what is fair.

Agreed and if you want to let the first person know before he comes that you have been offered more and need the cash for school and moving I think that is ok

Definitely. Its your stuff, the more money you get the more you can spend this summer and all. You can take me out if you get them into a price war!! ;)

Its a great bed, worth much more than $180 even! Let them sort it out between them. :):):)

:kiss:

Ok. I'd probably go with the highest bidder, but, like digi said, maybe let the first person who contacted you know that you got a higher offer and you're sorry but you really need the cash for school so you are going with it. At that point, they can either offer you more, or you'll just go with the other high offer...
i wanna sell stuff now!!

I wish my other stuff would get sold! The signs I put up in my building are missing now. :mad: I'll probably have to make a majillion copies and keep putting them back up.

Back
Top Bottom