IT'S OFFICIAL #Squashed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
One of my jobs is at a construction equipment place. Once my shift starts, I'm the only girl though. I try to make myself scarce and not get in the way of the guys there...just scoot along quietly and keep to myself as much as possible.

Well...

I was updating the shop manuals, which meant running back and forth to the library a lot. The library has those shelves that slide up against each other by use of a crank, so that you can have more stuff in a smaller space. While I was in one of the aisles, one of the service techs walked in and went back to the last row...and he was turning the crank, meaning the shelf was pushing up against my back. I didn't want to be a pain in the ass, so I just kept quiet...but he kept turning the damn crank. Just when I thought I couldn't possible be squished anymore, he stopped. It hurt a lot, but I didn't want to make him feel bad, so I did my best to not make any noise. I figured I'd wait until he was done, hope he didn't see me on his way out, and then push the shelf back to free myself.

Well, he left and didn't see me...but when I went to push back...the shelf didn't budge! :scream: He must have locked the crank when he did it (which, in retrospect, would have been smart of me to do). I had two options: Yell for help (yeah right!) or just try to wriggle my way out.

It took awhile...and it was particularly painful, especially in certain areas...:shifty:...but I made it. :up:

If that's too much to read, I prepared this lovely visual:

Crushed.jpg

I don't think the girls will ever be the same. :sad:

I was too shy to say anything...I get painfully shy there...this time, it was literal.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:yikes:

I haven't seen a ms paint pic around here since gosh, AGES ago. :laugh:

:ohmy: I am glad you're ok. We had those kind of shelving units at my old job. The building was old and the floor was slanted. And the lock didn't always work. So if you weren't careful, you could get squished.

MS Paint Pictures :drool:

Why did we ever stop doing those?

When I worked in a medical records department, and this was before most of the Internet stuff we have now, (the late '80's) I once accidentally pulled out a shelf and the whole shelf, complete with hugeass charts, fell right on top on my foot! I had to fill out an incident report and they wanted me to go to the ER but miraculously I wasn't hurt and I didn't want to waste the already overworked ER staff's time.

Last edited:
Here's an old one :wink:

16939sicybaw.JPG

*edited to add that this pic represents an actual event that took place in Las Vegas and in case you don't recognize our paint versions, that Sicy and me, with Icelle and bg lauging off to the side.

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
JessicaAnn is typing on the side of her computer :shifty: :D

I was scrolling too fast, and I misread "typing" as "pooping". :der: :lmao:

I am the epitome of maturity. :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:
Here's an old one :wink:

16939sicybaw.JPG

*edited to add that this pic represents an actual event that took place in Las Vegas and in case you don't recognize our paint versions, that Sicy and me, with Icelle and bg lauging off to the side.

oh man i dont remember seeing this:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom