It's Official #Slightly Gross Story about Teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
As some of you may know, I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled last Friday. One socket is healing fine, but the other formerly held a very bizarrely impacted tooth and is now consequently a gaping hole in the back of my mouth taking its sweet :censored:ing time to heal.

At any rate, I started eating normal food again a few days ago, and I had some pasta salad for lunch today. As I finished eating, I noticed that there was some sort of vegetable matter stuck in said gaping hole. I didn't get too worried; I simply went to the ladies' room to rinse my mouth out.

Well, that didn't work. So I went home (I live right down the street from my place of employ right now) to brush my teeth and get some mouthwash in there. But the little buggers wouldn't move. As I had overstayed my lunch break, I gave one last heroic swish with Listerine and went back to work.

But as anyone who has been in this situation knows, matter stuck in gaping holes where teeth formerly were can be PAINFUL. So as the afternoon went on, the hole became progressively more tender. Around four o'clock I could no longer stand it. I went into a never-used sub-office in the back of my office proper, closed the door, and got out my compact. Using a long-handled Q-tip, I eventually worked the little buggers out of the hole.

The culprit? Not lettuce as I imagined, but rather those little whatchacalls at the end of broccoli florets.

Stupid broccoli.

Stupid hole.

yeah, i've heard about stuff getting stuck in the sockets and hardening and stuff. usually i've heard about people being lazy and not cleaning them, then they rub their tongue along the socket and taste something bitter, only to discover it was food they ate days ago.

these are boys too, so :up: with us hygenic girls.

I had lingering problems after getting my wisdom teeth out, dry sockets are a bitch :censored:

And those gaping holes are a pain (and painful) to keep cleaned out, but you need to be good about it to avoid an infection :yes:

Just don't get a dry socket. Those things are :censored: painful. I had something just as bad, and that's an abcessed root canal. Ouch. I thought that :censored: thing would kill me. :censored: :censored: :censored:

I was eating a donut last year. All the sudden the donut felt crunchy. My tooth crumbled apart, and I was chewing on my
broken toof. I had no pain until I went to the dentist.
I had two choices: root canal or extraction.
I went with extraction. Dentist gives me a couple of shots with
a needle. She didn't wait long enough for the novacaine to take
effect, and started pulling the toof out. :scream:
I was in agony for a few seconds. Then toof went bye bye.
Took about a month for my jaw to heal. It wasn't pleasant to
say the least. :mad:

My holes took forever to heal and they're still pretty denty. They also bled for three days after I had my teeth removed. It was so annoying to wake up everymorning with blood on my pillow. :yuck:

I also made the mistake of eating brocolli cheddar rice a few days after my surgery. :down:

I had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out of the bone when I was sixteen. Man, that was f:censored:ing painful. I think I screamed for two days.:scream: :scream: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I had 4 wisdom toofs pulled at once. During the x-ray, this dentist
asked me who was my last dentist? Turns out my last dentist had broken off a dental tool (the pointy thing) and it was embedded in my jaw. No wonder I had pain there.
They knocked me out with drugs. I had to do the count from 100 backwards deal. When I came to, I was still pretty out of it.
I tried to leave the office by his closet door. :p
I was given codeine for the pain. :wave: :wave: :wave:
Wheeeeeeeeee! Tweet Tweet! That stuff works......what pain?

verte76 said:
Damn, a DENTAL TOOL was stuck in your jaw?? Horrors. That must have been really painful. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Yep! I should've realized something was up when the dentist said, "oops" while giving me root canal. I always had this sharp
pain where there was no toof. Turns out he broke that pointy
tool and left it in my gum! :mad:

RockNRollDawgie said:

Yep! I should've realized something was up when the dentist said, "oops" while giving me root canal. I always had this sharp
pain where there was no toof. Turns out he broke that pointy
tool and left it in my gum! :mad:

OUCH!!!!:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom