Its Official: Shut the F*** Up!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I avoid most concert/ u2/ new album/ news on interference for this reason.
:|

I hate reading about really stupid rumours or seeing the 10003473628426334762847th thread on which song from HTDAAB is the best, is it SYCMIOYO or COBL or FC or MD. :crack:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what's with all the acronyms? :eyebrow::mad:

Yeah. Everyone knows that SYCMIOYO is, in correct English, written phonetically. It is now sick-me-yoyo.

Must draw the line at hutdab though.

what's with all the acronyms? :eyebrow::mad:

that's how ive seen the song titles written here, well when i ventured into that place for the new album when it was released. i haven't been back since.

join the movement! spell out the songs! it's easy!

:reject:

I do spell out the song titles, I was making a point about why I am not bothered about reading U2 stuff here.

:up:

Lara Mullen said:

I do spell out the song titles, I was making a point about why I am not bothered about reading U2 stuff here.

:up:

So do I, normally - I was taking the piss with my earlier post. I don't find acronyms as irritating as a lot of people seem to, though.

join the movement! spell out the songs! it's easy!

:reject:

If that's too hard for people.... two words short forms of the song title would do just fine, as in "Streets" or "Wild Horses". I just hate Acronyms!

Why? What have the poor acronyms ever done to you?:wink:
I don't get what all the fuss is about - can someone explain?

It's almost as daft as complaining about the tour name... surely there are more important things to get pissed off about? :)

*Runs away, very fast, and finds a suitably large object to cower behind*:reject:

sallycinnamon78 said:

All that's left is whining about the size of Bono's arse (which I have no problem with whatsoever, but I'm sure there are hundreds of miserable sods waiting to tell me otherwise).

Nah I think I've seen whining about that before, let me just do a couple of quick searches. :wave: :laugh:

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
Why? What have the poor acronyms ever done to you?:wink:
I don't get what all the fuss is about - can someone explain?

It's almost as daft as complaining about the tour name... surely there are more important things to get pissed off about? :)

*Runs away, very fast, and finds a suitably large object to cower behind*:reject:

i'm tired of opening a thread and seeing "what is your opinion between WTSHNNS SDHIDHLKN FDFHIDSILF and IDFJILSDHFIDSL>SIYWKYSUCKAIUERMYEUIREBALLSIEURHE??" and having to sit down and try and figure out what in the bluest of blue hells they're trying to say.

and then when people started pronouncing the acronyms as words... hut-dab... well then... that was just the end for me. my head almost exploded. you use an acronym so that you don't have to use the words... but now you're spelling out words which are the pronunciation of the acronym... WHAT THE HELL!!! this is why people get aneurisms.

Last edited:
Well, I guess you've got a point there Headache. I was more refering to the occasional acronym use - posts cmostly made up of acronyms are, as you say, a pain in the arse.

and then when people started pronouncing the acronyms as words... hut-dab... well then... that was just the end for me. my head almost exploded. you use an acronym so that you don't have to use the words... but now you're spelling out words which are the pronunciation of the acronym... WHAT THE HELL!!! this is why people get aneurisms.

:lol: Yes I can understand that much! I just think it's a bit of silliness. Surely nobody would SERIOUSLY discuss an album whilst refering to it as Hutdab?

You're going to show me a post where someone's done that now aren't you?:ohmy:

Last edited:

i'm tired of opening a thread and seeing "what is your opinion between WTSHNNS SDHIDHLKN FDFHIDSILF and IDFJILSDHFIDSL>SIYWKYSUCKAIUERMYEUIREBALLSIEURHE??" and having to sit down and try and figure out what in the bluest of blue hells they're trying to say.

That is why I don't like visiting the u2 album forums, I just didn't construct my last comments above that well. :)

Hello, Hello:wave:

Come on over to the Octagon Bar.

The beer is cheap:up:

The food is good:up:

The conversation is light:up:

No stress allowed:laugh:

1fy2wo

sallycinnamon78 said:

:lol: Yes I can understand that much! I just think it's a bit of silliness. Surely nobody would SERIOUSLY discuss an album whilst refering to it as Hutdab?

You're going to show me a post where someone's done that now aren't you?:ohmy:

just a few for your reading pleasure...

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105954&highlight=hut+dab

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104788&highlight=hut+dab

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103098&highlight=hut+dab

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96619&highlight=hut+dab

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105214&highlight=hut+dub

Back
Top Bottom