It's Official# Serious. Please Read...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I am writing this thread not to seek attention or get sympathy, but to spread the word so that this won't happen to you, or anyone you love.

Last week I was drugged with a date rape drug while at the bar.

A couple of my friends and I went out to celebrate my upcoming move to Montreal, we were drinking and having a good time. Unfortunately I got to talking with someone who would ultimately ruin my celebration, weekend and who had the potential to seriously damage my life. I will keep this short so that you will read it, but I am ok and apart from being drugged, nothing else bad happened to me. :sigh: I was lucky to be with two good friends who took care of me.

This is a serious problem where I live. I believe it is a serious problem where any of you live. Be careful, watch your drink at all times, and unfortunately, trust no one.

:hug: On to new and better things!

omg!!! :angry:

How did you know? How did you feel?? JESUS!

I'm so glad you're ok!!!!! :hug:

:( :hug: I'm glad you're ok.

the fear this sort of thing happening is why I will not go to a bar or club by myself. :|

Oh my God...I'm so glad you had friends with you and nothing else happened. What a horrible thing to go through :(

:hug:

jesus. that's pretty serious stuff angel. i'm so glad you are ok. thank god you weren't hurt. please ladies, be careful when you are out. a girlfriend and i were out at a bar once and some guys bought us drinks while we were in the ladies room. i refused to drink them.

i asked the bartender to please replace my drink for me. he totally understood and did so without question.

please, take care of yourselves. i'm glad you're ok, angel. :hug:

:hug: Angel

Im glad your friends were looking after you. God only knows what could have happened :| BG, that was an excellent thing to do. Very smart of ya

:shocked: :( That's so terrible...glad it turned out alright, despite how horrible it must've been...it's so easy to forget how careful we have to be. I was out a bit ago at a bar and just was going to grab something quickly, and my friend grabbed my drink and was like, 'never, ever turn your back from your drink when you are out'. It can happen so easily. That's terrible that these things happen now... Glad you had good friends with you.

Chizip said:
males are great arent they?

Our gender really does SUCK. Seriously. Stuff like this is so far beyond me. :angry: I want to BEAT people who do stuff like this.

Angel, you are so brave to mention this. I am so glad you are alright.

Stay safe, and thank God for good friends! :hug:

:hug: Angel :hug:

I'm glad your alright, glad your friends were there. Thanks for the warning too, I never really would have thought about something like that till now.

Not that i go to bars much these days, but still. Cant be too careful.

I can't believe this is actually a common thing

being isolated on this relatively harmless island really buffers you from what is going on in the world at large.

desperate, pathetic, deranged males will resort to anything...I seperate myself from this gender!

oh my gosh angel that is so horrifying. :(

i'm am SO glad you are alright.

i'm always really careful at bars with my drinks. it's so scary.

That's awful. :hug:

That happened once to somebody very close to me...except the person it happened to was a guy. I think that's important to know because it's not just a female victim thing.

It happens, sadly, a lot more than people realize. I had friends at my old university who it happened to, and one of my friends here used to work at the support call service at her university and it was always happening. Since some of the symptoms, however, (especially if you get the drug in smaller doses), are just very similar to extreme drunkenness, people easily assume that the alcohol affected them in a very different way that night or find some reason that they got very drunk on two drinks?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!!! :scream:

Sorry you had to have such a crappy experience. Glad you had some good pals with you. Glad you are safe and sound.

Thanks for having the courage to tell us about it. It has more impact to get a warning from someone we know rather than just some random TV show or news story.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom