It's Official# sand in the pants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's going to be 87 here on Wednesday and sunny. I wish everyone could come to Tampa and hang. We have Ybor City - which is the New Orleans of Florida here. :wave: :hug:

*wishes everyone sunshine wherever they are*

I love swimming

bring on the summer, I says
I have had enough of this "snow" and "sleet" and "ice balls"

*looks out onto the beach* well, will ya look at that! I've the beach right here and I'm stuck in here with the likes of all y'all! :crack: :lol:

*grabs me swim trunks and a towel and runs out the door*

by the way, ice balls?!? :crack:

Last edited:
Angel said:
:scratch: Where does one swim in NewFoundland? Has one no fear for the Icebergs?

What is swimming like in NFLD Basstrap?

I spent a good deal of my childhood in PEI, and have swum in the Atlantic off that island, Nova Scotia, NB, and Cape Breton, but never NFLD...its pretty chilly in those spots unless your swimming in mid-July to August.

I REALLY want to go to the Magdeline Islands soon....hopefully this summer if I can get to PEI I'll take the ferry across...beautiful...

Like Canada's little tropics..:)

:up:

I am....I'm on an island...but Nova Scotia is the most accessible and closest province...barring Quebec...but that's hardly a province :sexywink:

PS. PEI is a beautiful island

Hey Basstrap,

I have a bit of 'newfie' geography in my blood too..

When my grandmother on my father's side was a girl, she lived on Newfoundland. Her father, my great grandfather, was a fisherman/rum runner! :shocked:

This was during Prohibition and he would sail over to St Pierre and Miquelon and pick up his booty to bring back to Newfoundland and then from there to the mainland.

One tale she still loves to tell is when the authorities chased him to port one stormy night (of course it was a stormy night..;) ) and they apparently lived on a piece of land that was separated by a gorge of some sort...the only way across was by a rope/wooden bridge and so here is my great-grandpa running from the coast guard, and he gets across the bridge and cuts the ropes so they couldn't get across..

The next day the story goes, they went down to the docks and his vessel had been destroyed by the authorities and all the rum seized.

Mind you no telling how they got back across that bridge if he cut the ropes the night before.. :huh:

:lol:

I love Maritimers' stories...I could listen to them all day.

Apparently their house was haunted too....:eeklaugh:

One day I want to go to NFLD and see it for myself..

:up:

a big tradition here amongst the older generation is ghost stories

I remember my Mom telling my grandmother off because she told us so many scary stories as young children!!!

I loved them though

but they were actually scary!

Back
Top Bottom