it's official #salome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
from launch.com:

A live version of Pet Sounds, often cited as one of the most influential pop albums ever recorded, is set for U.S. release on June 11 by Sanctuary Records. The album will be released in the rest of the world on June 3.

The album was recorded during Beach Boys mastermind Brian Wilson's four sold-out shows earlier this year at Royal Festival Hall in London. Wilson and his backing band performed the 1966 album in its entirety in front of a crowd that included Roger Daltrey, Eric Clapton, Elvis Costello, Richard Ashcroft, the Chemical Brothers, Ray Davies, David Gilmour, Glenn Tilbrook, and Paul Weller, among others.

In a statement, Daltrey commented, "After seeing Brian Wilson playing Pet Sounds live, I immediately went home and put on the Beach Boys' record. I've got to admit, the record wasn't as good. Brian on his own gives it a whole new depth of sensitivity."

The musicians heard on Brian Wilson Presents Pet Sounds Live include the Los Angeles-based Wondermints Darian Sahanaja (vibes, keyboards, vocals), Mike D'Amico (percussion, vocals), Probyn Gregory (theramin, French horn, trumpet, vocals), and Nick Walusko (guitar, vocals); former Beach Boy associate Jeff Foskett (guitar, vocals); Poi Dog Pondering's Paul Mertens (saxophone, flute, vocals) and Bob Lizik (bass, vocals); Scott Bennett (keyboards, percussion, vocals); Jim Hines (drums, vocals); and Taylor Mills (vocals).

I am so buying that album !!!!!!!!!

thanks
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

thank you very kindly
smile.gif

last time I checked "rest of the world" also included the netherlands though
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
you know how americans are, we think we're the center of the universe.
wink.gif

We're not?

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by Salome:
thank you very kindly
smile.gif

last time I checked "rest of the world" also included the netherlands though
biggrin.gif

Duh - of course I just read "U.S. Release" and did not see the next sentence "rest of the world" - stop the world from spinning please.

Back
Top Bottom