IT'S OFFICIAL # Regenerating chat threads should stay out of IO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

should IO have regenerating chat threads?

• NO (really...yes is not a choice)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • yes

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zone, as you said to me before, why bother, nothing works around here anymore.

what used to be is no more

I have tried before to find it
and
I gave up

I wont say if you cant beat them join them, I will say run for the hills and don't look back cause it isnt IO.

IO is no longer unmistakable and certainly not unique

But what IO is now is pretty forgettable and pretty much the same as all else.

oh almost forgot, I should add IMO to that.

:mad:

the soul waits said:

I hear what you're saying, Zoney, but you could have pointed it out a little less hostile and also, how come you have waited so long before you started complaining? The original bitchy thread started in July or something. It's now friggin November!

Zoney (and others) has been preaching the gospel for quite some time ... for more than a year.

IO has changed quiet a bit. It used to be a quiet haven on the board where we could be silly, ironic, funny ... where we didn't have to worry about being politically correct ... and above all a place where we could escape from the chattiness of LS and the U2 talk that takes place in every other forum on this board.

Yeah, people thought we were a bit freaky and people used to be afraid to come in here because of the way we would relentlessley tease newbies. The teasing was a litmus test of sorts to see how thin skinned people were (because back in teh day, you needed a thick skin to run with the IO crowd).

Once you got past that, you were part of the family.

But people have become so darn sensitive, not just in IO, but everywhere on this board, and we can't have the special IO Brand (TM) of fun we used to have.

Unfortunately becase IO has changed to much and lost its "say whatever the hell you feel like" nature, we've lost some pretty cool people who used to post here on a regular basis and why I don't post here much anymore.

Anyway ... that's my 2 cents.

Thanks for explaining.

The "say whatever the hell you feel like"-nature is certainly gone, yes, because I just had a poll shoved in my face because I have started a bitchy-thread and that's appearantly a big no-no.

This is becoming quite dictatorèsque, when someone tells me what to post, how to post it and what is humour and what isn't.

Pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

now THIS is ironic!

the soul waits said:
I just had a poll shoved in my face because I have started a bitchy-thread and that's appearantly a big no-no.

This is becoming quite dictatorèsque, when someone tells me what to post, how to post it and what is humour and what isn't.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
there´s a very simple concept: if you don´t like it/agree with it, don´t check it out. Nobody is forcing you to read these threads.

And we have as much right to post things wherever we want as much as you do.

:happy:

bg, it's NOT ironic.

Zoney's thread was very personal.
So yes, I'm reading it and defending myself.

That's totally different than what he's doing, whining about threads he doesn't like instead of ignoring them.

the intolerance in here astounds me :tsk:

This forum is a society. Societies change with the people who are part of it. To start attempting to tell us who is worthy of posting, and what they have to post if they are worthy is absurd. And last time I looked, the so-called IO 'clique' were not in charge here.

And I have to say, I've noticed quite a lot of 'who the hell are you, vile new person' posts, and it's sickens the hell out of me. It's one thing to rag someone playfully as a form of initiation, but it's quite another to insult people and tell them they aren't allowed to do something because they are 'new', or not part of the sorry little clique.

If this kind of elitist behaviour was exhibited in a 'real life' situation, it would not be tolerated :shame:

Pathetic, indeed.

the soul waits said:
bg, it's NOT ironic.

Zoney's thread was very personal.
So yes, I'm reading it and defending myself.

That's totally different than what he's doing, whining about threads he doesn't like instead of ignoring them.

Indeed.

as far as I can tell, this whole thread's purpose is just one big personal attack :tsk:

I asked him to ignore threads that bother him.

In these threads noone is personally attacking him, so it's easy to ignore.

The entire thing is funny, I agree.

bammo2 said:
This forum is a society. Societies change with the people who are part of it.

Agreed.

While chat threads might be annoying and cliquish communities are nothing but silly in a very opened, unique place like IF with its 2 mil posts, that doesn´t give anyone the right to censor anyone else. IO ain´t what it was in 2001, the whole of IF changed in 2001 and the slapnutz disaster, every society is subject to constant change.

as to Randomum, thats a very old Bassy thingie and has never be repeated in that form. All the other Randums were pale in compare too :shrug:

dammit, should have read the rest of the thread before realizing my joke was taken.

i don't know about irony. i didn't think io had any before. i think "last bastian if IF" just means "zoney's special place to tell newbies to fuck off".

i made that comment about io being an exclusive club for people who have been here 5 years+ before, and one of the mods collected the post and put it on a list of examples where i've been mean-spirted or flat out rude. i think they misunderstood me. but whatever. :shrug: as long as you've been here for a long-ass time, it's okay to say whatever you want, wherever you want, about whoever you want. i just havne't been here long enough.

Last edited:
Sly Stallone said:

?????

Yeah, this proves that we should respect the "elders"

MODS ??????????? Why is this behavior tolerated ??

Contrary to your unpopular belief, I have never called myself an elder.

I don't really give a shit if you respect me. :happy:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Ewwwwwwww!

:|

aint it amusing how they go on with that "mine is bigger than yours, i´m on a totally different level" mentality?

thats even trashier than the usual checker mentality

this is top entertainment.

bonosgirl84 said:
and what the fuck does that have to do with anything really

Ask Zoney, he's the one who started this whole "respect your elders"-thing.

I agree, it doesn't mean shit.

Oh and Zoney, so far, you're losing the poll. Just fyi.

the soul waits said:

Who are you and why are you rude?

This is so ridiculous that it's funny.

Exactly!

Welcome to IO!

Or whatever.

Yes, and my name is MK but AngelaHardyBoys likes to call me U2SavesTheAshtray or something like that.

Forum description:

This is the Green Room of the board... anything and everything pretty much goes here. Beware ;)

I also think this thread is filled with a lot of rudeness, and I'm closing it...and I don't want any emails or PMs or phone calls or instant messages as to why it's closed. If you don't understand why it is being closed, there is nothing that I can respond with that will make you see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom