It's Official "Queen @ Newcastle 5/03/05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WKMahler

The Fly
From "FatFrantic" Ricky alt.music.queen:

Fantastic.

The only significant changes from the setlists they've been playing so
far in the tour were the addition of "Wishing Well" and dropping of
"Show must go on".

Paul seemed to do less vocals than he has been doing recently - Brian
sang all of Hammer to Fall and I want it all, whereas Paul did part of
HTF and all of IWIA in some of the live download tracks - maybe his
voice is feeling the strain of the tour.

Roger looks like he's feeling the strain of the tour too. At the end of
the encore all the band came up to the 'satellite' stage in the middle
of the crowd (about 5m away from where I was) and all of them were
sporting big grins and generally looking fairly good - except Roger,
who couldn't even smile and looked utterly, utterly shattered and
pretty unwell. Somehow I think Roger will 'retire' from touring after
this tour. But hopefully Brian & Paul will go on, the chemistry is
pretty good.

They opened the encore with an impromptu version of 'Sunshine of your
love' but it sadly fell apart as Paul lost his way in the lyrics. Paul
and Brian laughed about the lack of a practice on that one and then
launched into All right now.

Is it heretical on a Queen newsgroup to suggest that 'All Right Now'
was the absolute highlight of the night? Cos it was. Utter brilliance
from beginning to end. The other Free/Bad Company songs went down
really well with the crowd, in fact I'd say that the fan response to
the PR stuff was actually better than for most of the Queen stuff.

Only complaint of the night - Brian's solo. We've heard it all before
and its just too long and dull these days. Still, the video screen
provided a distraction in the latter part of it, which was nice.

Overall verdict: Excellent. Could have done better on a few minor
points, but (to be honest) I was expecting a lot worse when the tour
was first suggested.

If they finally do decide to do some Scottish gigs, i'll go and see
them again.

Ricky
---------------------------------------

From me:

Maybe Roger Taylor is really Geoff Wood?....jk

Aussie Hostage Crisis: Douglas Wood

http://forums.queenonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=20851

brainszoey.jpg

Meaning, if U2 were wanting any info about U2 off dimeadozen.org, then they would've had to shut down www.u2torrent.com as well. It was but an obvious spoof from some attorneys that are fakes in my opinion. But as interference goes with all things, maybe President Bush will come to his senses real fast and sooner than the next few hours and make Douglas Wood a very happy man.

In other news, Roger Taylor of Queen looked ill in Newcastle 5/3 and didn't bother to show up for encores. Yet in rec.music.artists.springsteen a "Roger" asked "what is a torrent' in the subject like.

Now in all things medium spiritual or just plain nastiness, somebody got Roger ill. Ah, but Grant Wood and I of alt.music.queen go way back, so far back that the question of "are you Roger Taylor" is one way deep in the annals of all things newsgroups.

Hey, just when things couldn't get any better or worse, that there was my in-law, my wifes moms sister in the presence of President Bush at that dinner the other night. The one where Mrs. Bush roasted the Pres. So says a news reporter whom told me via phone. So much for finding out that Mrs. Morris is in the secret service by a highway riding driver of a car next to mine en route to New Hampshire June 2004 via a yell through the windows.

Now, I'm just wondering why oh why would Chris Morris, sunburst electrical guitarist owner that he is, remind me of The Edge of U2. To preserve all good karma, I suppose I oughta pull out the is he or is he not the Edge photo taken at a beach near Mr. Morriss home last summer 2004. Maybe I oughta pull up the ones he took of my wife and I as well.

I'll trip through your wires but I'm in love with my car, sister I believe.

WKMahler
www.worldmediahost.com
http://www.janetmorris.net

brainszoey.jpg

So let it rain, rain down on me.

..and on the way home, it was but a nice kinda looked like a "drop the needle and play" kinda cloud over Mollys of West Yarmouth, across from The Rocket 104.7

Oh hey, did I mention the connected building next door would be a dandy dance hall? It's vacant.............West Yarmouth, MA.

BTW, The Joshua Tree band is playing at Sundancers of Dennis real soon.

Is that why a taxi driver told me the Dennis police wanted to talk with me?

Last edited:
None of this earthly ramblings will EVER stop the triumphant spread of the lethal chemicals. None of it. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Who cares about this present "Queen"!?! I was a longtime fan of this magical band too (before I went fan of U2 :wink: ), but they don't have the magic now without Freddy Mercury! No one ever could replace him!

Also, John Deacon always was an important member of the group as well. He didn't only played bass, but he had a significant share in the songwriting as well (think of You're My Best Friend, I Want To Break Free and Another One Bites The Dust, just a few examples!). He was also doing the business aspect of Queen.

They can't replace John Deacon either! So I would say, Brian and Roger, quit with this "Queen"! Those days are over!
They won't see this. I think John Deacon made a very good decision to quit with this band, and retire from the music scene.

I mean, if you're doing "We Will Rock You" with Five (of all groups!) :huh: then you have sunk to an all-time low in my opinion. John was the only one who saw that no-one could replace Freddy Mercury, also not Robbie Williams.
Rumours went going that John had a fight about that with Roger and Brian.
So, let's quit it!

Back
Top Bottom