ITS OFFICIAL pop up box on pm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I hate when I send pm's to people then I see them posting and wandering around the forum but when I check my message tracking, they havent read the message yet.

Sometimes this goes on for days.

WHY???

:scream:

:wave:

dont your boxes pop up people????

I'm telling you, Sicy...

That's why we need an exclusive, customized Interference Messenger.. that'll notify our PM and chat among Interlanders....

daisybean said:
sometimes I don't get a pop up box..... usually when I'm on the forum....then when I happen to be on the pm section I see that I got one like days ago....

Same thing has happened to me! I have the message thing set so the window will pop up when I get a PM, but once in a while one will get by without popping up.

I wonder if when you're doing something like switching between forums, or posting or something that when you get a message it doesn't pop up? ... then if the message is sent while you're just browsing a forum, the message will pop up? dunno...that's just my thought about it? Er, it's 3:30am, and I'm wondering if what I just wrote makes sense? :der: :lol:

:shrug:

yes there is a time where the pop up falls into some bermuda triangle..
im not sure when it is but it does happen.
also sicy, they can be set as non pop up, cant they?
therefore some people may not know they have PMs unless they actually go to the PM section.

or they could just be ignoring you hehe :p

its annoying when people dont read them. i have had a couple sent to me and not known for ages due to the bermuda pm bug. they have only ever been important ones too! not that i'm important....but they're ones i had to reply to straight away and didnt and i looked like a lazy cow...which i am...but that is not the point, i respond to all pm's i know of and now i am going cross eyed...........actually, the ones i never knew until it was too late cos i didn't get the pop up were sent by the same person every time....odd....

sorry i havent replied to your latest too mand.

i read it and was gonna reply but couldnt.
:(

Yeah...I don't like that...it's like I wanna send them another one, in case they missed the box poppin' up the first time or somethin'. :p Actually...can't some people turn that off in their preferences? :shrug: I'm not sure...I'm thinkin' you can...maybe you can't...:shifty:

I don't like it when I can see that they read it...but they will not reply...and it takes awhile...and I am positive they are not replying because they are mad at me...and they suddenly hate me for no reason...so then I have to drive 2 hours to their damn house to make sure they don't hate me...............

Right, April?!?!?!?!? :p

___
:wave: I need constant reassurance that people love me!

Bonochick said:
Right, April?!?!?!?!? :p

aprkl's been on the dentist bed of death lately. so she hasn't been online.

and yes, pm bermuda triangle. if you're switching forums and it's sent to you, the pop up probably won't pop up. but if i'm just sitting on a forum whilst doing other things, it pops up for me. :D
i try to make at least one check of my pm section when i'm on.

I had six pm's in my box this morning. :laugh: :uhoh:

Well I do know that you can set in your preferences whether or not you want a box to pop up. Although, there are a few times when I dont get a pop up due to the bermuda pm situation. It should pop up when you switch to another forum, or any time you refresh a page. Also, I noticed.. that if your boxes fail to pop up, you can always look at the bottom of the main forum page and it will tell you you have xx amount of unread messages. When I see that and that a box didnt pop up, I get very :rant:
But then again I always check my usercp a few times a day in any case to see who's online :shifty:

Elvis had told me he had fixed this problem.. apparently not.

i promise peeps, as soon as i get my pm notifications (the pop-up box if i am on the forum, or the e-mail, essentially whichever i see first) i read them. but there have been times where i'm reading the forums, and the main forum refreshes (when i didn't have outlook express open so i didn't see the e-mail) and it shows i have unread pm's yet i didn't get the pop-up...does that make sense? lol.

oh well, i hardly get pm's so it's not a big deal for me.

*now feels very paranoid and goes to check her PMs just in case...*

:der:

pop goes the message

I am not a frequent PM receiver, but I have also noticed that notifications don't always pop up. I might go into PM mode to send a meassage and wow how exciting! I have a message. (But it's like 2 days old. :slant: )

___
:wave: old married people like to get PMs, too

Make sure you check your settings in the usercp. Under edit options. Check mark pop up box when you recieve a pm.

DO IT DAMMIT!!! :scream:

:uhoh:

My box pops up most times it doesnt if i have to sign in

It kinda annoys me when my email account fills up with one by one email notification that I have a PM. :silent:

Um, just select NO for email notification.

I swear you people

I don't read your PMs :tsk: I try to avoid them at all cost possible!! NO MORE PICS FOR YOU!! :wave: :|

The Pop window always pops up for me!! It just goes POP! :p

Back
Top Bottom