It's official #painting on pasta...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just so y'all don't think I've totally flipped out, there really is a reason why I'm painting on pasta :lol:

One of the local radio stations is having a contest for the Blue Man Group concert when they come here in November. The contest is that you have to make art out of pasta :lmao: I've seen them do the 'Pasta Art' contest before with other bands, and some of the entries I've seen are truly works of art and very creative. Most of you may remember making pasta art in grade school. :laugh:

The prize is two front row tickets! :happy:

I actually already ordered my tickets during the pre-sale...and got 10th row :hyper: so if I win the tickets, I'm giving them to one of my best friends who is an even bigger fan of Blue Man Group than I am. She couldn't afford to buy tickets during the pre-sale.

and just so y'all can see what I'm trying to do...here's an example of one of the entries from one of the past contests. they've done this for other bands before.

Bruce-Willis-out-of-Macaron.jpg

mine has to be at least that good to win :uhoh:

Thats really kind to give your friend the tickets! :)

Good Luck.

I never made pasta art at school.

good luck, abel! i never made any art out of pasta (i missed out cos i had a nut for an elementary school art teacher. he had this obsession with the markers that were designed to smell like fruits and mint and licorece and stuff, so all we ever did was colour with those. and you had to do it a certain way, you had to use a black peice of paper under your picture, and if yu were colouring in a large space you had to go one line at a time...as i said, he was nuts), but my siblings made necklaces in art classes in elementary school.

well it's finished! here's my completed pasta art!

3386567923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D535%3D53%3B%3D323253544%3A%3C38nu0mrj

I'm taking it to the radio station tomorrow morning! wish me luck! :wink:

JessicaAnn said:
mmmm ... I want past for lunch.
i prefer future, but will settle for present. :wink:

i guess they put mushrooms in because they add flavour and are kinda meaty but not full of calories. but i don't like them either. the only time i use them is when i make this one dish for my hubby that calls for mushrooms. he doesn't like them either but insists i use them because it adds flavour to the sauce.

abel, i like the painting!

abel that is beautiful.

such...art!

seriously, its great :wink:

i dont suppose anyone has heard of the archibald prize? its a sydney art comp. the winner gets 35 thousand etc, anyway...there is a secondary drawing comp run in association with it called the dobell prize. the drawing that was just announced as the winner is the biggest piece of crap i have ever seen.
not happy. this hippy weirdo has cost someone a real chance at becomnig a bit more recognised.

its RIGGED!

:grumpy:

Lara Mullen said:
Abel, if you don't win, I will eat my hat

lol Lara!

Thanks y'all! I'm getting ready to go to the radio station now! :hyper:

Otherwise normally I'd still be asleep at this time of morning on my day off :lol: :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom