It's Official! Painting beauty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daafish

Refugee
Hi all! I finally finished a painting of my sweet beautiful Sicy! Ever since I saw the picture that we took at the Del Monte hotel I knew that I wanted to paint her. Here it is....actual size is 12"x16"

336%3C635923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3B38%3D%3C74%3Dxroqdf%3E2323386348539ot1lsi

If you want to see the actual photo and the progression from start to finish then go to my journal and start with the entry entitled, "Painting Project #1 part 1". enjoy!

Daafishs' Journal

Hi baby! :wave:

Last edited:
HAHA! I just noticed that the pic I used is the same one that's in my avatar! :der:

daafish said:
HAHA! I just noticed that the pic I used is the same one that's in my avatar! :der:

And mine :sexywink:

Nice job baby, I love it! :heart: I cant wait to see it in real life :love:

Holy canole! Not only are you a brilliant artist, but you have been blessed with such a beautiful subject. I'm so happy for both of you :heart:

*wishes I was artworthy*

nice! :up:

I like that animated gif you have of it in your sig...I think I'll try that with my next painting or drawing, showing the different stages :cute:

:ohmy: K, I know I should feel awkward for staring at Sicy but damn that's hella good :applaud: As Abel said I like how the signature looks too :)

Btw what media is she done on anyways? The brush strokes aren't typical of what you'd see in Acrylic and the colors seem to be too vivid for watercolors. :hmm:

Seriously it kinda scares me to look at it lol :shifty:
Especially the pencil drawing that baby showed me last weekend. It felt like I was staring at myself :ohmy:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

where'd you go?

Cleasai said:
Btw what media is she done on anyways? The brush strokes aren't typical of what you'd see in Acrylic and the colors seem to be too vivid for watercolors. :hmm:

Ok, I tell you. Acrylic :D

I like :heart: acrylic, it's what I usually use ...I've never even tried oil painting

Sorry I was playing with Daisybeans Mapmaker

That's not acrylic :tongue: lol Seriously though I just realized that the drawing looks simular (same pose, expression) to one my mom did of herself back in the 60s! I'm gonna go dig through her stuff to find it and show you guys.

So Sicy, how does it feel to be able to tell people that you're officially a model :wink:

Oil painting is kinda messy and you have to wait days for the paint to set. But overall it's kinda fun to work with cause it blends so much nicer :hyper:

I can't find my mom's drawings :sad:

You could be a model, beautiful!

here's an oil I did back in 96'

it's 4' x 3'

Attachments

• surreal oil.jpg
    surreal oil.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 53
It looks like watercolors, although I guess you could water down the acrylic paint...

nevermind then :tongue:

You are to a model silly wonderbat! you're officially Daaafishy's model :wink:

Cleasai said:
Oil painting is kinda messy and you have to wait days for the paint to set.

this is mostly why I don't use oils. I'm too impatient to wait for it to dry :mad:

i'm sure if I had my own studio, or garage to work in I might be more apt to try it too...I don't want to get my apartment all messy either

*giggles* I see boobies :lol: Just kidding. Another masterpiece :ohmy: Is there any media form that you haven't tried already but would like to?

Back
Top Bottom