its official olives2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting ready to go out to eat with my parents. We're going to a place called "The Pita Place". There will be Kalamata olives galore! Yum!:drool:

I like the Olive Garden, but I hate standing in line there on Friday night. One night I had to wait an hour for a table. That was not fun. Come to think of it, that is pretty funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

verte76 said:
I'm getting ready to go out to eat with my parents. We're going to a place called "The Pita Place". There will be Kalamata olives galore! Yum!:drool:

How was it, verte? I am meeting a girlfriend for lunch at the Greek Corner tomorrow, there will be kalamatas for me as well :drool:

The Olive Garden? :lmao:

Carek1230 said:

How was it, verte? I am meeting a girlfriend for lunch at the Greek Corner tomorrow, there will be kalamatas for me as well :drool:

The Olive Garden? :lmao:

It was good. I had a chicken pita sandwich, wild rice and of course a salad with huge Kalamata olives. :drool:

nbcrusader said:
An hour for the Olive Garden! Must be quite the hot spot in town.

It's one of the most popular restaurants in Birmingham. You've got to get there early to avoid those damn lines.

verte76 said:

It was good. I had a chicken pita sandwich, wild rice and of course a salad with huge Kalamata olives. :drool:

Hmmm I did not realize they had Kalamata's at the Olive Garden. Might have to make a visit to one soon. I have several of them close to my home and office. :wink:

I had Kalamata olives at the Pita Stop, not the Olive Garden. I don't remember if the Olive Garden uses Kalamata olives, because I don't believe the Italians do (I could be wrong there, any Italians here can correct me if I'm wrong).

it's official # Turkish olives

Well, I sure had plenty of olives in Turkey. Olives are eaten for breakfast there, you get olives for appetizers. One thing's for sure, I didn't have to give up olives for two weeks. I had plenty of them. :drool:

Turkish olives do have a slightly different taste from Kalamata olives. Actually, we had a selection of different kinds of Turkish olives every night. They were all different in taste and texture. They tend to be a bit more bland than Kalamata olives.

The olives were both black and green. I didn't bring any back. I did go to the grocery store a few times but I got fruit juice and soda pop, not olives. I didn't like the Turkish olives quite as much as I like Kalamata, which are from Greece. But they were pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom