Its official# NO MORE AIM FOR ME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
thats right for those interested I will no longer be on aim bc the damn program has been playing games with my comp so I threw it away so if you need to talk to me pm or email me at rockstar2u@hotmail.com

dont worry i am fine its just my comp that is having the problem:lol: :wave:

i've been on AIM twice...i was not impressed :tsk:

there was this cool feature where you could attach pics to your chat, though. i had some fun with that.

but i :heart: my yahoo messenger.

i much prefer aim over msn, cuz msn always times out or quits when you have too many windows open :shifty:

I haven't had any problems with aim :shrug:

Last edited:
ILuvLarryMullen said:
my aim does strange things some times :mad:

actually i do sometimes get a weird looking window where you're supposed to type, it says the person is on a mobile device, and the window is real small, and you can't see what you're typing or what the other person is typing :shrug:

but that's really the only problem I've had with aim.

ABEL said:

actually i do sometimes get a weird looking window where you're supposed to type, it says the person is on a mobile device, and the window is real small, and you can't see what you're typing or what the other person is typing :shrug:

but that's really the only problem I've had with aim.

If they're on a mobile device, they're using their cell phone to check messages and such.

I've never had any problems with AIM. AIM Express, on the other hand... :grumpy:

What kinds of problems are those of you who don't like AIM having?

abel i have that problem with aim a lot and i hate it. i will get IM window pop ups from friends but i can't see the msg. and when i type back i can see what i am writing but i can't see the post after i send it :crack: :der: and not only that it does say that most of the users are on mobile devices when in fact none of them are. that is what i hate about AIM and when it acts up like that i have to reboot my computer. yahoo IM also screws up my computer everytime i have launched it and that has only been like 4 times in the past 4 years. :reject: :down:

msn im has been working like a charm lately, i prefer that over AIM.

Last edited:
:slant: What version of AIM are you using? I'm guessing that some of the older versions have a lot of bugs that they fixed up in 5.0.

*edit: Not being able to see what I typed after I send it is the problem I have with AIM Express on certain computers. I haven't had any problems with it on Windows XP.

Last edited:
I don't have problems with AIM! :D MSN gets on my last nerves! I only sign on when certain people are on or certain people tell me to get on! Otherwise... I don't care for MSN! :angry:

irelandwhispers said:

If they're on a mobile device, they're using their cell phone to check messages and such.

nope, I get this problem when the person isn't even on a mobile device

Last edited:
:slant: :slant: I'm stumped. Maybe Trillian would work for you? Then you could still talk to your AIM/AOL buddies, but perhaps wouldn't have the problems AIM is causing. Just a suggestion. I've never used Trillian before, but I intend to try it since most of the time I'm too lazy to sign onto Yahoo Messenger in addition to AIM. None of my friends who use AIM have ever had a problem with the mobile device icon.

Back
Top Bottom