It's Official #Nerd Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
This is the thread where I confess nerdy things I do/want to do and everyone can laugh at me.

I want to do this: http://www.nottinghamtec.co.uk/join_tec/

Think of all the power I could weild!!!!

Is that how you spell weild?

Sadly, though, it looks like it's all boys, which scares me, and it's probably a nerd alert convention.

I couldnt resist

zoeynerd.jpg

this thread will be perfect for me. What nerd tendencies should I spill?

I do not see anything nerdy about this Megan. You should do this, probably a good way to meet some people at your school who like music.

OK I am off to read about cells.
<<dork

wield

meegannie said:
Come join with me.
is this another one of those cults that is really a collective :sexywink:

jk! :hug:

it looks like it would be fun! you should do it if you want to! don't be skerd. if you don't like it, you can always just quit it right? at least try it! :happy:

ABEL said:

guys in england pick their noses? :scratch: :yuck:

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more public here, but I think it's really just a European thing because I always notice it in the international terminal at airports. People just don't seem to care that everyone sees them picking their noses. :shrug:

Sam and I were were sitting on a couch once and I looked over and he was picking his nose and I gave him a look and he said, "What? I'm English!" It was hilarious! :laugh:

meegannie said:

Sam and I were were sitting on a couch once and I looked over and he was picking his nose and I gave him a look and he said, "What? I'm English!" It was hilarious! :laugh:

thats a riot.

Currently on the floor next to my computer:
An anatomy textbook I am reading for fun
A book on MySQL
A book on CSS
Walden and other writings by Thoreau

meegannie said:

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more public here, but I think it's really just a European thing because I always notice it in the international terminal at airports. People just don't seem to care that everyone sees them picking their noses. :shrug:

:barf:

i :heart: sicy and i also :heart: zoeythenerdalertcat and i :heart: meggiethenerdalertgirl. :angry:

and for my own nerdiness, i have to go now because my book club is meeting here in 26 minutes. yay books. bye. :angry:

meegannie said:
Come join with me. I'm scared to go alone, and you'll get to visit England.

win/win.

:up: :hyper: :)

i was raised to be a dork. the only tv i watched before age 7 was PBS. and even then i was only allowed to watch ninja turtles because that was enough tv for the day or week or whatever.

in 5th grade we put up 'dinosaur tracks' around the classroom, everytime you read for an hour,you'd write your name and the book you were reading on one of them, have your parents sign it to prove you actually read, and then the teacher would hang them up. i had the most in the class.

we finally got cable tv when i was twelve (it took them something like 6 years to install the wiring in the neighbourhood and my mom wouldn't let my dad get a sattelite dish) and the first thing i watched was a 6 hour history channel program on WWII aircraft.

honestly, i do dorky things on such a fucking regular basis that i can't really keep track. those are the childhood big ones though.

and if you saw a picture of me from then........yikes.......

meegannie said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DiGi said:

thats a riot.

Currently on the floor next to my computer:
An anatomy textbook I am reading for fun
A book on MySQL
A book on CSS
Walden and other writings by Thoreau

:applaud:

This book is on my amazon.co.uk wishlist:
0226439631.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

along with a Pingu DVD, a Manic Street Preachers book, some history books, and a penguin game that's for five year olds. :reject:

IWasBored said:

:up: :hyper: :)

i was raised to be a dork. the only tv i watched before age 7 was PBS. and even then i was only allowed to watch ninja turtles because that was enough tv for the day or week or whatever.

in 5th grade we put up 'dinosaur tracks' around the classroom, everytime you read for an hour,you'd write your name and the book you were reading on one of them, have your parents sign it to prove you actually read, and then the teacher would hang them up. i had the most in the class.

we finally got cable tv when i was twelve (it took them something like 6 years to install the wiring in the neighbourhood and my mom wouldn't let my dad get a sattelite dish) and the first thing i watched was a 6 hour history channel program on WWII aircraft.

honestly, i do dorky things on such a fucking regular basis that i can't really keep track. those are the childhood big ones though.

and if you saw a picture of me from then........yikes.......

:lol:

That's so like me. I used to watch Masterpiece Theater, the Twilight Zone, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents when I was little.

In fourth grade, I did my book report on Moby Dick. :reject:

When I was 8, in 1988, I asked for a biography of George Bush for my birthday so I could "read up on the candidates."

One of my greatest ambitions is to follow the trail of Lewis & Clark and the Corps of Discovery :reject:

Just by coincidence, I live around the block from the corner of Lewis & Clark :D

after i got out of the hospital, I went to my parents house for a few days (well a week and a half) for IV's and rest. One of their neighbors is a Dr. at walter reed, I asked to barrow his internal medicine reference book. It was possibly the coolest book I have ever read. I can't wait to have my own.

that book looks rather interesting

Last edited:
When I was a kid I obsessively drew historical maps. For some reason I particularly liked drawing maps of the Byzantine Empire. I'll bet those things are still lying around somewhere.
*wants old maps*

meegannie said:

In fourth grade, I did my book report on Moby Dick. :reject:

cool :up:

i did a book report on 1984 when i was in 8th grade, not really dorky, but when you consider that we were allowed to read ANYTHING as long as it didn't have pictures (and no exaggeration, some girl read a book about hanson :yuck: ), the teacher was impressed. my school was really lame...i'd read most of the books we had to read in middle school for fun 2 years before.

When I was 8, in 1988, I asked for a biography of George Bush for my birthday so I could "read up on the candidates."

:lol: that's awesome!!

verte76 said:
When I was a kid I obsessively drew historical maps. For some reason I particularly liked drawing maps of the Byzantine Empire. I'll bet those things are still lying around somewhere.
*wants old maps*

that reminds me...when i was 8 or 9 i memorized the capitals of each state in the u.s. plus each province in canada and i used to quiz my grandma when she'd come over to babysit

when i was really young i was obssessed with dinosaurs.
then it became egyptology.
then architecture.
then i got hooked on national geographic magazine.

i've got dumber as i got older.
:|

Back
Top Bottom