IT'S OFFICIAL #My Sister's Dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh I'm so sorry...that is just so sad...I could only imagine what your sister is going through...he looks like a great dog :cute: :hug:
And adamswildhoney, I'm so sorry too. :hug:
All this bad news about doggies just my heart drop. :(
:sigh:

Julie is so upset...she's only had him for about a couple years. She lives alone too. Having Carl around is like having a person there. She has her kitties, but...I mean...just look at him...he was her baby...

It's awful. I was tempted to get up early and drive home (it's about 400 miles away) to be with her, but I'd have to get up the next morning and head home...Dad said it probably isn't worth me the trouble to make the trip because it will be so short and upsetting. I was torn because I know that Dad is right, but I feel so badly for Julie. :(

It's times like this I really hate that Dad and I had to move. :sad:

comfort.gif
I'm sorry Kat :sad: I really was hoping that Carl would get better. Poor puppy

First of all...I want to say I am glad Julie is alright after digging in her backyard...OH MY - she could have been REALLY injured hitting that wire.

Second...I SUCK at these threads. I really do not no how to respond. I mentioned this to BC when she first posted this. I don't just want to post a few smilies/anti-smilies/hug smilies etc. - I want to show true compassion. I don't feel it is possible here. So, my condolences to you, your sister and all otehrs feeling the loss of Carl. Sorry I do not know how to respond better. I suck at death.

I try to never post in these threads because of that. I hated posting in the thread when Ron and Anita's dog died. And I had actually been touched by that dog. As well as having Ron and Anit having touched my life...I wanted to give them support. Ugh. Sorry. I'll stop. Again, I suck at death.

Other death realted issues just decided to crawl up my ass - it's June 16....my mom would have been 57.

Last edited:
Lemon Meringue said:
Maybe Carl and Bodie can play together. :)

That makes me happy and sad. :sad: :hug:

We have a few other dogs already up there too...Freddy (mix), Lady (golden retriever), and Cody (golden retriever). They'll all be able to play together. :heart:

OH MY GOD!

My sister just called. She went into the vet to see Carl before he was put to sleep...and the vet said Carl is getting better!!!!!! His white blood cell count is supposed to be between like 6,000 and 17,000. At the beginning of the weekend, his was at 40,000...now it's down to 20,000!!

She gets to take him home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Last edited:
YAYAY!! Kat that's awesome!!! :hyper:

update on mikey: he is acting very lonely and depressed. He also is carrying his back leg like it's broken but I checked and it's fine :slant:

my mom wants to go dog shopping today, to see about getting another dog!!! :|

That's great news!! It's amazing how some animals can bounce back from such terrible health conditions so quickly. I'm sending happy thoughts your way!!:)

:hug:
Yeah, these sorts of things are so hard, knowing what to say, etc, but I think it helps just knowing there are lots of us out here wishing good thoughts...
I'm SO glad Carl's doing better!! :)
I'll be thinking about everyone dealing with these sorts to things! :hug:

that is so wonderful, its cry worthy!!!!!

Kelly, maybe a new dog will help Mikey. I know it may not help you out much, as you cant bring your other dawggie back, but if he can cheer up a bit, it might help?

Back
Top Bottom