It's Official; my neighbors suck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sue DeNym

Refugee
Advice to those who are thinking of relocating to Phoenix: don't. The people here are the most self-centered jerks you could ever hope to avoid meeting. They don't give a damn about other people's property, they'll walk across your yard, use your garden hose to wash their car, leave crack pipes and other litter on your lawn, even hang around on your front yard like it's a public park!

All of the above has happened to me. But today something happened that has really ticked me off.

Some :censored: stole my roses.

That's right. I had beautiful, large, fragrant blooms on my rosebushes in the front. Today, I find several snapped branches where my roses used to be. :sad:

No damned respect for other people's property. :censored: I know I sound like an old codger, but my mother would've tanned my backside and sent me to apologize to the neighbor if I'd ever done that.

I feel slightly better now. Thank you for letting me rant.

I'm so sorry that happened to you and I totally hear ya on annoying neighbors because I remember going through similar crap with some young punks I was living next to in Seattle.
((HUGS))

I went through similar problems in my old neighborhood - people who let their dogs & vile offspring roam across my property like it was some effin' public park, snot-nosed little yard monkeys who used my front yard as a storage area for their bicycles and greasy-faced teenaged punks who decided that my back yard was their personal short-cut to the neighborhood tramp. :madwife:

I was only in my late 20's when we moved from there, but they still had me yelling at them & throwing their crap off my property like I was some old bitty in my 80's! They would quit for a while & then start back up a week or so later, so I was always bitching at them. I think the reason they never keyed my car or egged the house is because as crazy & irritating as they thought I might be, they knew Mr. Blu wouldn't hesitate to track them down & kick the living daylights out of their asses - at least that's what he lead them to think! :lol:

For the record, he never threatened a child but he did intimidate the Hell out of several. We're not proud of it, but we felt it was our only defense. The mothers & fathers (or Grandmas & Grandpas) of these kids wouldn't put their foot down, but we certainly would.

I hope things improve for you Sue - I have certainly been in your shoes & it stinks. :hug:

Oh man, I can relate! And I am so sorry about your roses. Some people just have no respect and that is so sad.

I share a front and back yard with a young couple next door. Last weekend at this time they were having a party and I was VERY Pissed off about it and the damage their guests left. I spoke with our landlady about it and complained about their parking all over and allowing their friends who are always over leaving the gates in front and in the back by the alley open and blocking my garage or filling up my garbage can. Grrrrrrrrrrr I don't get why people think this is ok. I can't even trust opening the door to let my dog out into the yard because I have to go out and make sure there's no wine or champagne corks she might chew and choke on or something she shouldn't ingest or a gate left open so she gets out. :mad:

Don't worry, I'm not moving to Phoenix. I wouldn't want crack pipes in my yard. And I certainly don't blame you for being pissed off at having your roses ripped off. That's totally unacceptable. I complain about Birmingham, how it's too small, how the fundamentalist clergy is too damn powerful, etc, etc, but I'll take it over Phoenix since we are still in possession of our roses and don't have crack pipes in our yard.

Sue DeNym said:

Yep, you read that right. I forgot to add: the back fence constantly being tagged, my car broken into and rifled through, and my MIL's car stolen from in front of our house! :mad:

That is just not right. Won't the local police department do anything about it? Do you have a neighborhood watch program? Perhaps the local police dept. could help your neighborhood set something up that would send out a message to these thugs that their disrespect and disregard toward others in the neighborhood is unacceptable and won't be taken any more. I don't understand the whole tagging thing either. What's the point? Spray paint a code onto public nd priovate property all over town. Big woop. It's a mess and an eyesore and nobody really cares.

Carek1230 said:

I don't understand the whole tagging thing either. What's the point? Spray paint a code onto public nd priovate property all over town. Big woop. It's a mess and an eyesore and nobody really cares.

But they're sooo cool (SARCASM)!!!

Carek1230 said:
That is just not right. Won't the local police department do anything about it?

They can't, not without a suspect. We did file a report when the car was stolen (all they were able to find was the license plate, ditched in the desert), and called the police for advice about the crack pipe (they came and picked it up), but unless we have proof of who did it, what can they do? Believe me, they're just as disgusted as we are, but Phoenix has so much crime as it is, the police are constantly busy (one of the highest auto theft rates in the USA, not to mention drugs, burglaries, murders, gangs and all the other crap that comes with it).

We're planning to move to a cooler, greener (and hopefully nicer) place within the next year. I hope the next owners of this house are a couple of Marines or ex-Hell's Angels who scare the hell out of the local nogoodniks!

You think that's weird,

for the last day and a half, a security guard has been sitting in a car outside my house.

I'm not sure why.

We called the police, and they say they know why he's there, but they can't tell us.

I live in a cul-de-sac, with nothing other than normal houses around me.

strange eh!?

Back
Top Bottom