Its Official My Marriage Is Over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArrogantU2Fan

The Fly
Out of the blue Thursday night my husband asked me to leave!! He is having some sort of whatever....He always was the my way or the highway type....so I am at my sisters still in Ft. Worth adjusting to the upheavel in my life and really listening to U2 for strength...I will not be going back as I cannot trust anyone who would throw me out! All prayers and advice welcome Susan

Susan, you're in my prayers. Marriage is tough. My wife and I have had our big issues. How long have you been married? Keep praying.

God bless,

coemgen

My prayers are with you - been there done that...it is hard at first then the sun comes out :hug:

Poor you Susan.....but he is probably doing you a favor as difficult as it might be to hear that. I hope you find the strength to get through it, I've been there.....and survived. If I did, anyone can! Don't hesitate to call on any of us for support!

:hug:

except marriage guidance hotline,,,,their minute fees are extortionate to say the least!!

I am doing good....spent a couple of hours with my Priest as well as our Counselor there....they are of the opinion that he has been verbally and emotionally abusive....I guess I just didn't want to see it!!!! Evedryday is easier....I am just a strong Irish Lass I was determined to stick out my marriage...but alas he juist was cruel and mean and told me to get the f----- hell out with my Shelties! Before I would just sort of let it go but for some reason....I just don't want to live being treated that way....I am 48, with a degree and can take care of myself...he does investments and basically has lost alll of our money. I am praying, listening to U2 and just going one day at a time....I love you all....he is not willing to go to counseling so that is my answer right there...His whatever, is "things go my way or you hit the highway". I was not allowed access to financial records and given the debit card when I went shopping and had to return the card and the receipt...Susan

I am doing good....spent a couple of hours with my Priest as well as our Counselor there....they are of the opinion that he has been verbally and emotionally abusive....I guess I just didn't want to see it!!!! Evedryday is easier....I am just a strong Irish Lass I was determined to stick out my marriage...but alas he juist was cruel and mean and told me to get the f----- hell out with my Shelties! Before I would just sort of let it go but for some reason....I just don't want to live being treated that way....I am 48, with a degree and can take care of myself...he does investments and basically has lost alll of our money. I am praying, listening to U2 and just going one day at a time....I love you all....he is not willing to go to counseling so that is my answer right there...His whatever, is "things go my way or you hit the highway". I was not allowed access to financial records and given the debit card when I went shopping and had to return the card and the receipt...Susan

Glad to hear from you Susan. Stay strong. It sounds like you are doing all the right things and it will take time, but one foot in front of the other, one day at a time....and you will be ok. It is also good to hear that you are talking about your feelings and what has happened with supporters such as a priest and counselor. Make sure you eat right and get plenty of sleep and exercise. And thanks for checking back in here. :hug:

All the best to you. Keep listening to U2, take care of yourself and keep you head high. Anyone who does such a thing is not worth not getting over.

iI cannot express how much your support has been to me. I feel your prayers. Suddenly yesterday all the sudden I felt so damn happy!! I know that sounds horrid but I am in a home with my sister who i am sooooo close to and so wanted. We hung out last night watched some U2 Concerts....I danced with Jarrett my 7 year old nephew and suddenly felt like I had awoke from a long slumber.
That said, I have never wanted to hurt another living thing. I am not going back and I think he has realised that (I think he expected me to call crying to come home) I know now he is very very sad and depressed. I really hurt for him. But I always told him when he would tell me to "file for divorce"..."Geoff I am Irish and if i ever walk out of here I WILL NOT BE BACK. i DON'T PLAY GAMES..." so I feel sad my happiness is at his expense even though he brought it on himself....I know him and he is very very sad and depressed but I guess we all make our choices.....Susan

He now realizes he lost the best thing that ever happened to him! I feel sad for him.

ArrogantU2Fan said:
iI cannot express how much your support has been to me. I feel your prayers. Suddenly yesterday all the sudden I felt so damn happy!! I know that sounds horrid but I am in a home with my sister who i am sooooo close to and so wanted. We hung out last night watched some U2 Concerts....I danced with Jarrett my 7 year old nephew and suddenly felt like I had awoke from a long slumber.
That said, I have never wanted to hurt another living thing. I am not going back and I think he has realised that (I think he expected me to call crying to come home) I know now he is very very sad and depressed. I really hurt for him. But I always told him when he would tell me to "file for divorce"..."Geoff I am Irish and if i ever walk out of here I WILL NOT BE BACK. i DON'T PLAY GAMES..." so I feel sad my happiness is at his expense even though he brought it on himself....I know him and he is very very sad and depressed but I guess we all make our choices.....Susan

He now realizes he lost the best thing that ever happened to him! I feel sad for him.

This is a VERY good sign, Susan........you are healing, or beginning the healing road. It's still not going to be easy, but just the fact you are looking out for yourself and your own best interests, you have made your decision for YOU, and that you are in a place where you are wanted and where you are loved is all VERY positive and good. Keep your chin up, girl. It can only get better, but I sense you already know this. :hug:

I'm a sheltie lover so I have to ask....how are the dogs? I know how sensitive shelties can be.

Susan, I have to say this--I am in awe of you. You sound so strong and wow, you seem like an amazing woman! And yea, I know he's still technically your husband and all...but it's his own damn fault he treated you so shabbily and he's going to have to deal with that...alone.

:hug:

And yes, how are the doggies?

Thank you all so much! You're replies always cheer me up. Tonight was a great evening. We organized the house its beginning to take shape. We watched RATTLE AND HUM AND ELEVATION TONITE IT WAS GREAT!!!!!! Just loving my family and dogs are happier then ever.:heart:

Susan, I wish you all the best.
So sorry that you have had to go thru all of this.
I am glad that you have found some happiness with your sister.
Treat yourself right, babe!

Wanted to post about my beloved Shelties....they are doing great...My Shaded Sable Meghann who is 6 was a wee skitish but has settled in quite nicely...My 2 yr old Charles is just a Mummys Boy and just happy as a lark. My sister has a dachsand so Chawie and Rusty just go go go....I also have a brill 7 year old nephew who is just in love with dogs and is just thrilled to have extra playmates!!!

I am really suprised at how well I am doing!!! I think I had just been in denial about Geoff and so stubborn I was GOING to make it workl....however I have always told him "One day you are gonna tell me to leave and my Irish Temper will come out and I will be OUT OF HERE and when I leave I DO NOT return....so you know I am just getting on with it...I am a survivor and like Bono sings: "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" lol

Would be splendid if Bono showed up as a knight in shining armour however I would hope he would brin Ali along for a nice tea and chat.....love you all

my sheltie is named charlie too. he is in my avatar in case you want to see my cutie.....It sounds like your doing really well. I'm glad you and your doggies are doing so good!!

Back
Top Bottom