It's Official: My July 4 Sucked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildeIrish796

War Child
I was all set for a great fireworks display, had U2 in my cd player to lessen the loud fireworks, when out of nowhere, fog rolls in off the water. this stupid fog kept gettign thicker until i couldn't see the people three rows ahead of me:eyebrow: :ohmy:
three or so hours of waiting and they cancel the fireowkrs show and reschedual for tomarrow(what's the point of that? July 5 isn't independance day, it's just not the same). on the way back to the car and on the way home(when we were stuck in traffic)people all over the place were setting off illeagle fireworks that were exploding everywhere, down streets, in the street, near houses. i mean, i don't even like sparklers and fireworks were exploding on the ground near our car:sad: :mad:
grrrrrrr....
[/fireworks frustrations rant]

Your 4th of July was fantastic compared to mine. I worked close to 10 hours today on the busiest sale day I can remember at my job (we did $750k in sales just today). The place was a mess and we were understaffed as usual. If we were lucky we got about 50% of the work done for the next day. Days like this make me wonder why I ever got into retail in the first place.

And the best thing? Today (Saturday) is going to be even worse (we're having a 3 day tax free sale), cause everyone's still off, and the fireworks and barbeques are over.

Sorry to hijack the thread...I needed to vent. :)

i kept forgetting it was the 4th. I heard fireworks outside my flat, by the river, but i was too lazy to go see them.

Back
Top Bottom