It's Official #My Grandparents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I just got a call from Dad saying that my grandparents ran their van off of the freeway. They don't know what happened. The van was completely demolished. My grandparents are at the hospital right now, being checked out. It sounds like they are going to be okay...but how scary is that? :sad:

:hug: I'm so sorry!! Thankfully they are alright...probably shaken up. I hope they feel better soon - as cliche as it is, you can replace the van. :hug:

whew...i just saw this now...
I'm relieved they're okay...I was afraid to open this thread actually...but I'm glad I did....so happy that they're okay. :hug:

Grandma broke her thumb. They think my grandpa may have dozed off behind the wheel. He also has heart problems though, so they are keeping him at the hospital for observation to make sure he's okay.

The van rolled, and they had to cut the roof off to get them out. :crack:

It looks like they will be okay. They are about 3 hours north of us (they were driving home after visiting us when the accident happened :sad: ). Since they have no vehicle now, Dad is going to drive up and get them and bring them back here to stay with us until they get things straightened out.

Dad just called me...he took some pictures of the wreckage. He said it is a miracle that they are alive. :crack: The van is completely demolished.

OMC...they made the front page of the paper!!!!

http://www.cheboygannews.com/

photo.jpg

Members of the Inverness Township Fire Department remove Lorraine Nelson of Oconto, Wis., from the van in which she was a passenger after the van wrecked on Monday afternoon. Nelson's husband, Robert, was driving the van on Interstate 75 near the 331 mile marker when he lost control and the van flipped several times. Nobody was seriously injured in the wreck.

:crack:

Oh my goodness. That accident looks horrible. I am so glad you're grandparents are going to be ok.

Cheboygan ... hmmmmm ... it's kind of like Sheboygan, only in Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom