Its Official : Mods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
may I interject opinion here?

good.

I think the only ones who should have to pay extra for this websites new server should be the ones who do not understand teh technology of "chat rooms" or "IM" and post FOREVER in extremely long threads. :down:

:uhoh:

No, its cool, you can say it. It probably needs to be brought out into the open.

There is a bit of an undercurrent at the moment that Testjes and Pleba are sinking Interference.

I think interference has only been carking it since Edges CD was stolen. Well, that was the first time I remember receiving those error messages.

Elvis said at the time the server was being hit by a lot of outside people and search engines.

Is that not still the case? The long threads have been killed, the journals have been offline, old threads have been semi-archived and the server is still having problems.

I take your point about chat rooms. Believe it or not but Testjes do chat in msn also. Yes, we can talk THAT much lol

I have raised the issue of the interference java chatroom not working (as it turns out you can get in through IRC but the instructions are slightly incorrect) and no one has come back with an answer / pronounced it dead. Admittedly their all busy trying to stop the server from crashing - and so they should.

As for PLEBA. As far as I can see they post links to photos in photobucket etc. ie the photos arent stored on Interference. Does this still drain the server?

Anyway to make a short story long, one of the reasons some of these threads are threads and not chats is because the occupants are internationally diverse and its not feasible for such a wide reach of peoples to be on the net at the same time. Chatrooms only really work if the occupants are all on roughly the same time zone. ie online at the same time.

PS Zoney, none of this is meant as an attack on you or anybody else. I just thought it was a golden opportunity to bring all this to the fore :up:

:hug:

/serious bit / rant / brain dribble.

Last edited:
What's the problem with mods? I'm confused.

Actually, where is all this coming from anyway? I must have missed something :sigh:

I think Elvis has already explained that our traffic has increased tremendously lately, which is aiding to the server drain. But cutting other corners like closing long threads and archiving threads is supposably helping too. Everytime the long threads are clicked on it takes so long to load that it taxes the server, but by cutting them off at 500 its supposed to help.. or something :der:

Word Limit :lol:

I am just shitting you on the whole testje thing. Randoom was a sore on many people's rear for a while too. I am SURE it is the hype around the new U2 album (the drain).

As for the "chat-like" threads...I am a grumpy old man who really can't understand why anyone (who may be thousands of miles away in a different time zone) would need to know that someone was running to the fridge to get a drink of water 100 posts ago. :shrug:

Last edited:
There is no problem with mods. Sorry, this thread has changed direction. It was originally a spinoff thread of a silly thread between me and BC - all in good fun. I do like mods. :hug:

So, the story is, as long as we are cutting those corners, (current) Testjes and (current) Pleba are not to blame for the server outages, yes? :up:

zonelistener said:
....who really can't understand why anyone (who may be thousands of miles away in a different time zone) would need to know that someone was running to the fridge to get a drink of water 100 posts ago. :shrug:

:lmao:

I do believe we have never actually discussed this particular topic. Must rectify that shortly :D

I am a grumpy old man who really can't understand why anyone (who may be thousands of miles away in a different time zone) would need to know that someone was running to the fridge to get a drink of water 100 posts ago.

Then I guess that makes me a grumpy old woman.. :hmm:

So, the story is, as long as we are cutting those corners, (current) Testjes and (current) Pleba are not to blame for the server outages, yes?

I believe, yes.

Honeysuckle.JPG

they grow out of control. someone might put a shoot in the bottom of their steps, forget about it until they realise half the house is covered in them. they grow like wildfire and are extremely hard to kill off once they take root. thjey were very popular back in the 80s/90s but like all fads, they waned after a bit.

things come, things go. nothing is popular forever. except the beatles. io, long threads, counting threads, pop wars, popularity threads, goodnight threads...all come, all go. we get over it.

meh.

I am a grumpy old man who doesn't understand the concept of IO
that also exists though

c'est la vie
mais oui
je crie
aujourd 'hui

Back
Top Bottom