IT'S OFFICIAL #melon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Hello all...

Quick update on little old me (as I'm pretending as if any of you care):

- I'm in love with Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA. Nice combination of urban / suburban / residential. Out of all the parts of Boston I've been in so far, this place feels the *most* comfortable to me.

- I've finally sworn off cynicism. My fear, all along, was that I would be unhappy wherever I lived. Of course, I thought this while living in Michigan, which really does epitomize the 1980s term, "rust belt." Now that I've moved out here in Boston, I realize that it wasn't me...it was Michigan. :p I feel much more idealistic about the future.

- I do not have a car out here, and I do not miss it. I actually feel far more accomplished walking and taking trains / subways to wherever I want to go. Eventually, I do plan on bringing my car out here, but that is only for when I wish to travel further than the train lines.

- It is oddly refreshing living "primitively"--no phone, no cell phone, no cable, no internet. In fact, I'm using a pay station at Kinko's in Harvard Square currently. I'm finding that my usual indecision is getting in the way: I have shopped around to so many providers, and I've still gone nowhere. However, I think I've run out of options, with the best deals becoming really evident.

Well, that's all I was pondering currently. I don't know when I'll be back to post regularly; but I'm sure it will happen once I finally do reconnect to the rest of the world and have internet at home.

Now that I've thoroughly bored you all with the trivialities of my life, continue on with the regular forum chaos. ;)

Melon

You broke the numbering system of IO! ( :angry: )

LOL, that was not boring.

I appreciate your comments about losing yourself in the technoogy, and the liberation of cutting the ties that bind ones self to it.

I wish you all of the luck in such a lovely place.

Please make up your mind and get back here soon with all of your whortenses' and quirks etc.

:D

Take Care

melon said:
[B
I'm finding that my usual indecision is getting in the way: I have shopped around to so many providers, and I've still gone nowhere. However, I think I've run out of options, with the best deals becoming really evident.
Melon [/B]

Hey just an idea, while watching some of the NCAA football games thus far I noticed NetZero advertised monthly service for $9.95 or something. I amy switch to that once my free AOL goes away.

Again, Good luck bro.

Re: glad things are going well!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'll get out of here too one of these years. This place has always made me feel all wrong.

:sad:

Michigan is not so bad, April! I was just in downtown Detroit for the first time ever yesterday, and I may have fallen in love with the place. :heart: Wherever we end up, we'll be Michigan girls at heart! Make your dreams come true though, girl! :hug:

Oh...and of course...melon, I'm glad that things are working out for you. :)

I Have A Cat Named Amy

Amy.jpg

Re: Re: glad things are going well!

Bonochick said:

Michigan is not so bad, April! I was just in downtown Detroit for the first time ever yesterday, and I may have fallen in love with the place. :heart: Wherever we end up, we'll be Michigan girls at heart! Make your dreams come true though, girl! :hug:

Oh...and of course...melon, I'm glad that things are working out for you. :)

Greektown's pretty cool, but er...:banghead:

Yeah, lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom