It's official #mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
so yesterday i got my car inspected...it passed...guy suggests that i get my windshield wipers replaced...i agreed since i hadn't had new windshield wipers since i owned the car (and who knows how long they were on it before that, it's a used car).

yesterday evening after i got home i notice a scratch on my windshield that was about the length of the wiper. today i got my car washed, and i guess what i originally thought was a scratch wasn't really a scratch cuz it came off when i cleaned the windows....well most of it came off :angry: there's still about a 3/4" long scratch (it's not very deep) that i'm 95% sure wasn't on the windshield before i took it in to the car place.

so, do i call back and complain? they probably won't believe me that it wasn't there before...i have no proof that it wasn't i guess. do i waste my time calling them and arguing with them? or is there some kind of glass polish that i can buy for an auto windshield to get rid of the scratch? i'd hate to have to spend my own money to get it fixed, but i don't see how i can prove it otherwise. if there's a relatively inexpensive glass polish, i guess i'd rather buy that than argue with someone at the car place who probably won't believe me anyway.

i know it's not a very big scratch, and it's not very deep...but that's not the point, the point is, it wasn't there before...i'm pretty sure i would have noticed if a 3/4" long scratch had been on my windshield before.

yeah, i'm mad :angry:

Last edited:
that sucks a bunch, speaking of windshields................... My car has 2 rock cracks in it, looks like 2 small rocks hit my windshield and guess what dad said he noticed it when we bought it but didnt say anything to the sales lady. :angry:

Complain ABEL.

Did you know even small scratches can weaken your windshield considerably and it is the windshield that gives most of the bodily protection to your car? A stone chip, or any substantial crack can mean the difference in your car being written off or having minor body damage in a smash.

Complain, and complain loudly.

But then I am in an exceptionally bad mood today and feel like complaining to everyone about everything.

:mad:

mechanics shit me.

I'd Complain.

When our car got hit by a stone there was a crack on our windscreen and my Dad got a man to come and fix it he used a thing called a resin injection and our insurance company paid for it I think it wasnt that expensive though.

Last edited:
so tonite when I got home from work, I turned off the engine of the car after I pulled in my parking spot...and studied the scratch on my windshield as I've been doing since Friday. I don't know what made me do this, but I reached up and touched the scratch from the inside of the windshield....and it came off :lmao: :uhoh: :silent: :eek:

all that work trying to wipe it off from the outside, I hadn't even thought that it might be on the inside :lol: :reject:

at least I didn't call them to complain :lol: :reject:

maybe I'll find me a man if I bend down and tie my shoes more often :flirt: :lol:

I go to the gas station and have my car inspected. It costs money,
but I don't have to deal with the idiots at the MV inspections.
I'm postive the main requirements to be an inspector is to see
how much of an <bleep bleep> idiot you can be.
"Oh you're paint has a 3/4 scratch. That might cause an obstruction to oncoming bugs on the road...gotta fail ya."
Kidding.....but not too far off from the thinking of your typical
Inspector at a MV place.

Back
Top Bottom