It's Official #Love story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I'm going to post the engagement story in a second, but for those of you impatient for photos, here's one that jkayet took of my fiance and me on Tuesday (ignore the fact that it's a horrible picture of me!!!). Her digital camera's flash wasn't working, hence the very Queen-esque photo quality:

335%3C436%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D568%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323357%3A465%3C%3Bot1lsi

those lemurs don't alf get around..

nice pic meegainnie and congrats

:lol:

It's our lemurs. I have one (Salvador) and I got Jenn one (Binghamton), then I bought one (Moontrimmer) for Sam a week or so later and sent it to him. It sounds stupid, but they are the funniest things in the world.

I'm holding Moontrimmer in the picture and he's holding Salvador, by the way.

The story you were about to hear has been pre-empted

U2SavesTheWorld said:
How odd.

Do you have any more pictures of those little things?

Do I have pictures of lemurs!!

Salvador making pancakes:
335%3C436%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D568%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E232333952645%3Bot1lsi

335%3C436%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D568%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323339526295ot1lsi

Binghamton smoking a candy cigarrette:
335%3C436%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D568%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323339526293ot1lsi

Binghamton and Salvador with a can of corn:
335%3C436%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D568%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E232333832356%3Aot1lsi

Binghamton and Salvador meditating:
335%3C436%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D568%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C9767684ot1lsi

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's cute meggy, and congrats. :hug: :love:

So who's moving where? :sexywink:

LMAO @ the Lemeurs meditating!!!

I wanna read the storyyyyyyyy :hyper:

:cute: :heart: You two are cute! :wave: :sexywink:

Story time

Since I suck at telling stories about myself, I'll do this Q and A style. I'll start with the basic questions that have already been asked:

How did you meet?

We met online, through the Starsailor message board. I had been lurking there for a while and starting posting semi-regularly around May. Sam had been posting for a long time and I'd always read his posts and thought he seemed interesting. At one point, jkayet (who also read the board) and I decided that Sam was the male version of me because some of the things he would post sounded exactly like things I would write. I've never been nearly as out-going on that board as I am here, but one day (June 4th) I summoned the courage to start a thread about favourite books. Sam PM'ed me about it and said he'd thought from my posts that we seemed a lot alike, and after that, we started talking through PM's every day, usually several times a day and often exceeding the allowed message length. :eek: Within a week, I felt like I could tell him anything because we had so much in common and he was the only person who understood everything about me and could relate to me in a lot of areas. Both of us were suffering from depression and being able to talk to someone who understood completely and who wouldn't try to sugar-coat things but instead be perfectly honest was a big help to both of us in overcoming suicidal thoughts and not getting too down. Just knowing that there was someone out there like me was incredibly comforting.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So then what?

Apparently we both liked each other as more than friends almost immediately, but neither of us wanted to say anything because we didn't think the other person felt the same way. Finally, one night after talking on MSN for about 5 hours (August 8th, his birthday), we admitted that we liked each other and a week later he wrote me a poem and told me he loved me. :heart:

You flew to another country to see him??

As most of you know, Jenn (jkayet) is currently studying in London, so I'd already planned on making a trip to England to visit her, possibly over Thanksgiving. When Sam and I started talking, we discussed all meeting for lunch or something, and as things progressed with him, meeting for lunch suddenly became staying with him for most of my time in England. :eek:

i'm so happy for you guys!! you look so adorable together. :heart:

and i love the lemurs too of course. :wave:

i want to hear the rest of the story. :cute:

And?

When I walked off the plane, I actually recognized him before I recognized Jenn (sorry!! :wave: ). The first day there (Saturday) was kinda awkward because we were both nervous and I thought he hated me. Also, there was an unfortunate case of being locked out Jenn's room after I took a shower, so Sam saw me without makeup, which was the worst thing I could possible imagine. :crazy: The three of us walked around London all day, and then that night when we were at the bar, we apologized for being distant all day, told the other person they had nothing to apologize for, etc. Then I started crying because I'd thought he hated me and he was all sweet and I said something about him seeing me without makeup and he said I was more beautiful than ever and I was :eek: .

On Monday, he and I had a two hour train ride from London to Norwich, where he lives. By the time we got to his flat, I felt like I'd known him all my life. It was just amazing how well we got along and how comfortable we were around each other. We had a pretty low-key week -- lots of watching The Simpsons and Blackadder, went to see Harry Potter and Bowling for Columbine, went out for meals a couple of times, watched a couple of DVD's, listened to music, went shopping, made a hippo and a dog at the Bear Factory, went out for drinks, and I went with him to uni one day. It was absolutely perfect because all I wanted was to spend time with him. The nights we stayed in, he cooked the BEST meals ever (pasta with sausage and bacon :drool: ), and even cooked mushrooms for me one night despite the fact that he hates them. Anyway, it was fantastic beyond belief, and we talked about our future together a lot during the week.

Proposal, proposal!!

He proposed to me on Sunday night, after we got back from not going to see Doves in concert (long story). I was in a kinda pissy mood and said something to him about how I was worried that he only liked me because I was there and that he would change his mind when he met someone else. I have NO idea why I said it, other than that sometimes when I'm really happy, I feel like I shouldn't be and I get scared and I do anything I can to sabotage my own happiness. If that makes any sense. Sam was just so perfect all week that I couldn't bear the thought of things not working out with him and I couldn't believe that he could actually love me, so I guess I sort of wanted to punish myself for being in such a great relationship. :huh: Anyway, he was hurt that I would think that his feelings were so thin, and said he'd been talking to his friend for two hours (while Jenn and I were gone) about how happy I made him and started talking about how he wanted to spend every minute of the rest of his life with me. I started laughing because he's so damn cute and then he said, "Meggie, I'm asking you. Will you marry me?" and then I started laughing and crying at the same time. He gave me a gummi ring, but I made him eat it because it was too sticky and otherwise I would've eaten it. :lol: So then he moved my claddagh ring over to my other hand, which really shocked me because he'd asked what the ring was on Monday and I briefly explained it to him, but I didn't expect him to remember any of it. Anyway, we talked for a few minutes (mostly me saying, "Are you SURE?? Absolutely positive??"), and he went to the kitchen to wake Jenn up and then told two of his friends the news as well. He gave me a real ring before I left on Wednesday, and this time I didn't make him eat it. :laugh:

Re: Story time

meegannie said:
]At one point, jkayet (who also read the board) and I decided that Sam was the male version of me because some of the things he would post sounded exactly like things I would write.

Gosh, that's just so romantic. :love:

You flew to another country to see him??

That's one of the most exciting things to do in a long distance relationship. :cute:

OMG OMG OMG Meggy!!!!! :hug:

:heart: Congrats MOODLE!!

You've now convinced me that dreams do come true and that true love is out there.

:cute: awwww.... such a lovely story. :heart:

:hyper: so when are you moving? when are you moving? :hyper:

meegannie said:
I started laughing because he's so damn cute and then he said, "Meggie, I'm asking you. Will you marry me?" and then I started laughing and crying at the same time. He gave me a gummi ring, but I made him eat it because it was too sticky and otherwise I would've eaten it. :lol:

:heart: :sad: :heart: :sad: :heart: :sad: :heart:

Randomness

He's told his friends, posted on the Starsailor message board (and my sources ;) tell me that the band knows we're engaged now), sent a message to the teletext thingy :laugh:, and I've told everyone at work and my friends from college (I sent the announcement to my allumni magazine :eek: ), but we're waiting to tell our parents because Sam is coming here for two weeks in April and I'm trying to get my dad to drive up from North Carolina to meet him, and then Sam wants to do the whole formal, asking my dad for permission thing. I met his parents on Tuesday night when I stayed at their house and even though I was abnormally awkward and nervous and sounded like a complete idiot, I guess they don't hate me too much because they're paying for his flight here as his Christmas present.

I'm starting grad school at the University of Nottingham in Sept. 2003 (if I can get the stupid loan people to cooperate), so I'm moving there at the beginning of the month and we're going to go on vacation to Paris for a week or so before classes start. Nottingham is about a two hour or so train ride from Norwich, so we'll probably try to see each other every other weekend if possible. My MA program is a year long and he's in his second year at uni, so we'll finish our degrees at the same time. I can get my student visa until my graduation in December, so I plan on doing that, and then we'll get married sometime around then. :)

Back
Top Bottom