Its Official# love question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
Could someone be attracted to someone they have never met in real life or even talked to before???

A friend of mine on another forum is attracted to a guy and she asked me this question and I dont know how to respose bc it sounds crazy but yet I think it could happen!!!!

:shrug:

the answer is yes. I never believed it before either, till it happened to me. twice in fact. unfortunately they didn't feel the same way about me so nothing ever came of it. of course, you still have to be careful especially meeting someone you've never met before, but I have seen several online relationships work, even here from interference

just because I like to disagree I'll have to say: no

even more than in real life you are more attracted to what you think someone could be instead of what she/he really is

Salome said:
just because I like to disagree I'll have to say: no

even more than in real life you are more attracted to what you think someone could be instead of what she/he really is

:lol: Salome, How'd I know would be the one to disagree!!!

:wave: bye guys dont get into to much trouble while I am gone!!

Where's Kelly going ya ask? On a road trip to Livermore Ca for the weekend/ beginning of next week*maybe longer* ciao kids!!!

Yeah, i think it definitely is, and as we've seen from on here, it can work sometimes!! I agree that it's also easy to get an incorrect view of people though, especially for people who tend to fall easily...but overall, sure, I've seen it happen to many!

jkayet said:
Yeah, i think it definitely is, and as we've seen from on here, it can work sometimes!! I agree that it's also easy to get an incorrect view of people though, especially for people who tend to fall easily...but overall, sure, I've seen it happen to many!

:yes:

The way I see it it's not any worse than meeting someone in a bar or club etc., when it's someone that you know online who you talk to every day, sometimes more than your real life friends, and you've already got things in common, you're already coming to the same message board, or chat room.

Of course you always have to be careful, I agree that you can get an incorrect view too, and some people can be out just to deceive as well.

Last edited:
I think a good way to be safe is to set up a chat room so that person can talk to your other friends, too, and they can get a feel for their personality and let you know if they get any weird vibes from them.

You wouldn't want to go out with someone in real life that all your friends hate, would you?

irelandwhispers said:
You wouldn't want to go out with someone in real life that all your friends hate, would you?

I agree with this to some extent, but what if you really loved this person and they really loved you, yet none of your friends really seemed to like them? I don't think I'd let the way my friends feel about someone dictate who I should love, and give up the chance of being really happy with someone just because my friends didn't approve.

Of course if I ever did meet someone from online in real life, I'd never do it alone, and I would want my friends or someone there for safety more than anything, and talking to people that this person has met in real life, if possible, would be important to to find out more about them.

ABEL said:

I agree with this to some extent, but what if you really loved this person and they really loved you, yet none of your friends really seemed to like them? I don't think I'd let the way my friends feel about someone dictate who I should love, and give up the chance of being really happy with someone just because my friends didn't approve.

If they're REAL friends, they will approve of whoever you love if that person will make you happy.

Thats the important bit, if they make you happy. Good friends would hopefully not let you waste your life with someone who makes you miserable. Sometimes its easier to see things from the outside, rather than in. Friends can be good like that.

Back
Top Bottom