It's Official# Letter of Resignation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
So... I plan to quit my job of 4 years tomorrow... :tongue:

Help me write a glowing letter of... :der: Resignation! :D

:shifty:

edit: that is BAD!!!!

It was top of mind! :shrug:

Despite four great years here at :insert orgs name here:, I have made a tough decision to move on. I will be relocating to :insert city in Quebec here: in :insert time period here: and will miss the great working atmosphere here at :eek:rgs name:.

I wish :eek:rgs name: the best of luck in the future. I will only be a phone call away, and hope to hear from you.

Thanks again for four great years.

sincerly,
:Insert non-interference name here:

:lmao: oh my god I love it! especially with the accidental use of the :eek: smilie. :wink:

too bad you can't send the real resignation letter with smilies in it :lmao: :cute:

:lol: @ Zonula's letter.

Just be sure to mention how much you value the time you spent there, how much you've learned, how much it meant to you, etc, etc, etc.

When do you actually move?

how about some added bs line to zoney's letter like:

Despite four great years here at :insert orgs name here:, I have made a tough decision to move on. I will be relocating to :insert city in Quebec here: in :insert time period here: and will miss the great working atmosphere here at rgs name:. The skills and knowledge that have been obtained here at [insert company name] are invaluable and will allow me to succeed in my future endeavors.

I wish rgs name: the best of luck in the future. I will only be a phone call away, and hope to hear from you.

Thanks again for four great years.

sincerly,
:Insert non-interference name here:

tell them you're leaving to set up the quebec office

give them a budget and staffing requirements and everything

The Quebec office *is* our main office kobey. Nice try. ;)

I think they'll feel a slap in the face though when they find out I am quitting without another job... although there are strong prospects.

I like what you all have said so far... except for the "I'll only be a phone call away." Adds importance to my current job that frankly is not justified.

Yes, true, but they'll ask.

Actually... guaranteed... when I say I am moving to [quebec city name here] lol, my boss will automatically assume it's for a member of the opposite sex. :sexywink: Which is not true... but has some truth to it, but not really, only sorta.

revised letter yet again:

[q]

Dear [manager's name] :

Despite four great years here at :insert orgs name here:, I have made a tough decision to move on. I will be relocating to :insert city in Quebec here: effective :insert time period here:.

I will miss the great working and professional atmosphere that [company name] has provided over the past four years. . The skills and knowledge that have been obtained are invaluable and will certainly allow me to succeed in my future endeavors.

I wish rgs name: the best of luck in the future.

sincerly,
:Insert non-interference name here: [/q]

They also dont really need to know that your decision to move might be personal.

Dear Whoever,
I regrettably wish to advise, that I will be unable to continue my employment here at [insert name], as I am relocating to Canada.
I would sincerely like to thank you for all the time and training you have provided, and for allowing such a wonderful opportunity to increase my skills and potential.

Add something wanky like wishing everyone all the best, if applicable.

Maybe, I dunno, my letters of resignation have never been too wordy lol.

:hug:

:lol: angie! I already live in Canada! :wink:

Your's was good too! I know they don't need to know anything personal... but it's a nosey place and they'll push for information.

daaaaaar.

i did know that, its just more of my sheer brilliance at getting cohesive thought down, Angel.........Quebec........:yair: lol
honestly, people should now completely ignore me. :der:

i would just talk with your boss face to face and let him / her know that you have decided to move.

The one time i did this i did not like giving someone a letter. Next time I will just have a face to face with my boss.

Oh I was planning on doing both. You kind of have to have a letter for legality reasons. Especially if it's a big National Company like this one. I am sure they need something to submit to Head Office.

Plus I am a whimp and would rather watch her face to face reading it. :shifty:

Truth is.... I'll probably cry. :reject: I am such a whimp in these situations.

Back
Top Bottom