It's Official# Letter of Resignation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i guess the people i work for now are just really cool - i can't imagine giving them a letter. I guess if you want to have a record of actual dates and stuff. you should write one up.

I take it your boss has no idea you are planning to leave?

Well... I have always written a letter. That way there is no mistake as to what the date of my departure is and there is no confusion. And like I said before... I am a chicken shit... if I had to come out and just say it (which I still may do) I'd probably cry or do something stupid. It's a pretty close knit office. You know, where everyone knows everyones business more or less. Especially around me, as I am one of the youngest employees. So yeah, it will come as a shock to her.

Last edited:
I was always great at resignation letters, and I had the coolest one at my old bank. I was the only one who knew how to put the official bank stationary into the laser printer feeder. And 10 pt. Verdana...how much I love you!

I get falsely sentimental, explaining why I liked the job and some of my best times there, then mentioning why it is important for me to move on. In my case, it was for graduate school, a reason that they can understand.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom