it's official#let's play cricket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slomey is silly mid-on.

:lmao:

Thats only test cricket zoner, and you be wanting those big arsed pads when you have a cricket ball coming at you from Shoaib Akhtar (who unofficially broke the 100 mile/hour record) or Brett Lee. Infact, you'd probably find you could run with concrete blocks on your feet if they ever bowled to you.

I have played lacrosse goalie against people with 100 mile an hour shots - with no shin guards. Same difference, really. Any small, hard object moving towards you at the speed is going to sting.

Here is a photo of an Autralian youngster about to shoot a ball a point-blank range at a Iroquis Nation goalie. And you think ABEL's fencing bruises are bad....

085.jpg

Juim Miller NEEDS to get clobbered there

Aussie Rules :up:

But, what is up with the tennis outifts they wear?

Not very manly...but who am I to say....these guys could prolly pound the living daylights out of me.

Hahaha yeah I guess they are like tennis outfits. They play for 2 hours in a game though (30 min quarters) at pretty full pace, so guess they go for practicality rather than style and large shorts/guernseys would be a hindrance to game play.

Where was the pun yertle?
pffft!

Jack White thought cricket weird (or cool) enough to be holding a cricket bat on the cover of Elephant.

Zoney have people been killed by the ball in Lacrosse?

brettig said:
Jack White thought cricket weird (or cool) enough to be holding a cricket bat on the cover of Elephant.

Zoney have people been killed by the ball in Lacrosse?

Yes, there was a death two or three years ago - kid playing goalie got nailed in the chest. Even the chest protector could not help him. I can't remember so of the others deaths. You have em in any sport though.

I noticed that cricket bat on the album cover last week.

Back
Top Bottom