it's official # let it rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I went to a meeting of my RenFaire group in Cullman today. It felt fantastic to get the heck out of town after being cooped up for two weeks with that f:censored:g virus. I didn't even mind the rainstorm, and I lucked out with the traffic jam. I got to my exit after only ten minutes in the traffic. It felt great to be out and free from illness!:dance: :dance:

Whoa, excellent. Glad you got a break for it all.

PS Lucked out is a good thing in the USA? Its a bad thing here ie you ran out of luck. It would mean you got stuck in the traffic but it sounds like you had good traffic, yes? Gotta lurve the English language. :up:

Last edited:
beli said:
PS Lucked out is a good thing in the USA? Its a bad thing here ie you ran out of luck. It would mean you got stuck in the traffic but it sounds like you had good traffic, yes? Gotta lurve the English language. :up:

Yeah, in this neck of the woods "lucked out" means "I got lucky". I only had to put up with ten minutes of a traffic jam. I could have had *hours* if I'd been further back on the Interstate. Also there was a huge wreck on the other side of the Interstate and traffic was backed up. Fortunately everything was OK by the time we had our meeting and I came back to the road.

Back
Top Bottom