It's Official# JURY DUTY :mad: & a new Computer :up:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
:angry: I got summoned for Jury Duty yesterday. :der: This has never happened to me before and the really crappy thing, is I am being summoned twice. I have a first court selection at the end of next month and then a second at the beginning of June. :no:
Problem? I am moving to Montreal!!! :scream: however, I don't have a plane ticket yet or concrete dates... I hope I can be deferred on the grounds of my plans alone. :( Or I'll never get out of this place.
My luck, it would be a LONG trial. :huh: Who's on trial here, for :censored: -sake! I live in a small town.

Second, I am getting a new computer!!! :dance: *See thread in Lemonade stand. My friend is putting together a kickass computer (20 GB hard drive w/ 256 MB ram) for super cheap. Complete with software and anything my little heart desires. :heart:

All completely legit and registered Bill, so chill. :uhoh:

Last edited:
glad your getting a new computer, thats awesome:up:

with jury duty, just tell everyone you have no clue what they're talking about and they'll probably let you go:D

one time i got summoned and i couldnt get out of it. so, i had to think fast since i couldnt afford to do jury duty:

i took my daughter with me:silent:
i told them i couldnt afford daycare. they let me go:laugh:

The problem with the jury duty is that the second appearance is in June and I won't be living here in June. :slant: So.... I can't show up and be dumb. I can't show up at all.
My worry is that they'll tell me without concrete plans (plane tickets, job offer) I won't be able to get out of it and I'll be stuck here for a couple more months. :| Not cool.

If it were any other time I may have welcomed the summons because it would be an interesting process and I think my employer would still pay my wages... but this has got to be the worst timing ever. :rant: It's like someone is trying to tell me not to go to Montreal... or that Montreal is going to be the best thing that ever happened to me and for such a reward I have all these hurdles to jump first. :shrug: I realize I am a freak.

Yeah, I just said I'd be out of town on the date they wanted me, and that was that.

I've actually sat on a jury for a trial before. The trial itself was boring (some lazy worker suing for wrongful termination), but the experience was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom