It's official Is this weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I was looking for some clothes for the wedding yesterday and today, and while I found something for the Church "I do" part and the brunch (a blazer with matching pants and a lovely shirt - it fit me perfectly and I knew this is it when I tried it on and it looks pretty nice if I may say so myself - it was just one of those clothes when you're that lucky)
:hyper:

I still have to deal with the "formal dress" part.

First off, I went to three places so far and they had only summer-ish dresses with straps (no can do because I'm way too shy to wear that - I'd feel like everyone's staring at me - and it wasn't even anything low-cut!). There was one dress with sleeves but it was too dark (who wears dark stuff at weddings?). Just one - I mean, don't they make dresses with sleeves anymore these days or what?

Second, in one of the places the lady who sells the outfits suggested I wear a classy blouse-like thingy with pants/maaaaaybe a skirt (that could work...though the trouble is I don't know how strict the dressing rules are with those "von" weddings. I don't think I'll be banned from the wedding or something if I don't wear a dress...right?)

The "weird" part I'm referring to is that it seems I'm awkward at wearing dresses (even skirts for that matter). As long as I can remember I always felt better/more comfortable wearing pants. (maybe it's also partly because when I was little Mum would say "wear a skirt" and that was it) I know that girls are supposed to wear and like that...but not me. Am I a weirdo?

:crack:

I'm off to more stores tomorrow. The wedding is in about 14 days and I have yet to find what to wear at the reception.

:crazy:

Last edited:
you're funny! :cute: Wear a dress girl!!! If they are all strappy, then get a nice blouse or light sweater to wear over top. Something sheer and sexy, :sexywink:

Don't disapoint us or the "vons" (lol) by wearing pants to this formal do. Oh, and we fully expect pictures. :wave:

I don't like wearing skirts or dresses either. The I haven't worn a dress in about two years. You're not weird, I know other girls that are the same way.

LOL I'm serious Angel...this store I went to today had a pretty cool shirty with an even prettier blouse and some beige pants. The woman that sells the clothes says she's getting more "material" (clothes) today and said I should come back Monday to see the additional stuff and then decide.

Dissapointment? Ach don't remind me: my Grandma is always of the opinion "you should wear more skirts/dresses." She expects this at the reception too, I fear. (Mum phoned her the other day and apparently she's OK with the blouse/pants combination. Hmmm)

Yeah I know....pics.

I'm doomed.

I used to really hate wearing skirts too. If I got invited to a wedding or some sort of formal event when everyone expected me to wear skirts/dresses I'd have to spend HOURS trying to find a dress I didn't hate.

Now, for some strange reason, I actually like wearing skirts. I have no idea how THAT happened. :lol:

:lmao: Before I opened this thread and read the title, I just thought "knowing you Maja, the answer is yes, no matter what the question is!"

You HAVE to wear a dress to a wedding! Geez, even hillbilly weddings require a dress! Let alone the Von Trapps!!!!

:lmao:

Sorry, I really am no help am I? :lmao:

Wear a dress sweetie, no one will know you and you simply cannot wear anything TOO formal/pretty/dressy at something like this. Better to feel slightly underdressed in a dress you aren't comfortable in, than really uncomfortable dressed in pants when everyone esle is in strict formal/after 5 gear. Even though you prefer pants...But anyways...

Its only a few hours. Then you can escape back to the hotel and lounge on the bed or swim in the pool or paint the town red or .....

You'll have so much fun at this wedding. I can feel it in my waters.
:yes:

Another way of looking at it is I can either find a dress (I even tried on two dresses so far and...not working for me) and be really uncomfortable (and suit others) or I can find some classy pants and be comfortable (maybe suit others less, but suit me more lol). Also, it would be nice if I find something I can use later on, not just go with something I know I will not want to wear again...you know?

:scream:

I :heart: wearing long skirts. I need to buy more.

My sister hates dresses and skirts with a passion. I think the last time I saw her in a dress was her prom. Pants can look just as nice as a skirt.

I say wear what makes you feel comfortable, but just make sure you look nice enough to be respectful of attending such an important event.

To be honest I did see a skirt and a blouse combination - a lovely light orange-y kind of color - the problem was the material was kind of see-through. :eek: On the other hand I did like the color. :shrug:

If all else fails I might give that a try.

Rest of it was really summer-ish (not classy enough) or dark, toga-like stuff.

Hold on to your hats everyone...I was just looking at this catalogue and I saw a dress I quite liked - beige, a a bit above the knees lentgh, straps (but not low cut). :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom