It's Official # Income Taxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My taxes are like Sicy's, I don't have shit, I make shit, so it's easy to do. I use the free online EZ Tax thingie and file electronically so I get a refund back ASAP. Bring it on, Baby! I can't wait.....SHOW ME THE TAX REFUND MONEY! I hear Hawaii calling meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

The problem with Mr. Blu & I is that we have juuuuuuust enough shit that the government wants about 45% of it. Hell, we haven't finished paying for the tax bill we got slammed with last year! :grumpy:

You know, we've always been told that taxes are assessed in proportion to your income, but I've decided that's a big load of shit. The extremely poor pay little to no taxes... the extremely rich can afford attorneys & accountants who find them loopholes so they pay little to no taxes. All that's left to support Uncle Sam's entitlement programs and line the pockets of our politicians is the working class. Who are working them damn selves to death just to keep from becoming the extremely poor!!! :rant: :rant:

Don't get me wrong - I don't hate the rich, I don't believe all the poor are leeching slobs. I just find it hard to believe that Mr. Blu & I work a full-time and a part-time job each - we happily pay taxes on our salaries every week & aren't trying to hide money or deny our goverment its fair share - we own a home & have a mortgage. Yet almost every flippin' year, we complete our taxes only to find out that the Infernal Revenue Service still wants more, more, MORE!!! It's infuriating, honestly, and I see no end in sight. :tsk: :angry:

I really hate taxes, they suck and it sucks that the more you make it seems the more they take. So if you are really smart you have to do so much research to figure out what to do with your money in order to stay ahead of the Tax Man. I do not like the Tax Man, I'd like to run over him with my car! :madwife:

Doing them online makes it reasonable for me. Doing it the old way with the manual paper forms made my head spin. :crazy:

Melon

I should be good this year. I've made my estimated tax payments so I shouldn't have a hefty bill to pay. I can't do the 1040ez, so I have an accountant do mine.

I like doing my taxes. :reject: I didn't have to file last year because I didn't make the mininum required to file, but this year I have to file and fill out the forms for foreign income exclusion. :happy:

I did my taxes online tonite, took me about 15 mins and I am happy to report I am expecting both state AND Federal refunds. E-filed and expect the refund money in my bank account instantly. (too bad it'll get spent just as fast)

But let's just say the refund will pay for Hawaii! :D

I put $500 into my IRA last year. Does anyone know if I have to do anything with that regarding taxes? :confused:

I could do it online, but I want to be sure these assholes don´t have a chance to complain. So I fill out what I know of the paperwork, then go to the local tax office, most are females, so I´m schmoozing around there telling them I can´t afford an accountant and can they check my papers if its all good. Usually I get some money back.. 2003 as much as 600€ (I don´t know why), 2004 only 99€ (I don´t know why).

I´m just checking the double taxation treaty USA-Austria.. :mad:

We are pretty lucky, cuz we only have one income, two kids, and a house so we usually get a refund every year. I'm hoping we can use our refund this year to help us move. It was supposed to be Hawaii cash before we decided to move. I always pay H&R Block to do it that way if we ever got audited we are covered.

Dad handles my taxes. I worked at 4 different places last year though, so we have to wait for all of the W-2s to come.

Sicy said:
I put $500 into my IRA last year. Does anyone know if I have to do anything with that regarding taxes? :confused:

I need to kickstart a savings plan asap. 27 here and not getting any younger! :happy:

I have always gotten a refund so this year should be no different.... Plan on forgoing the "splurg" purchase I usually spend part of it on to pay off some of my massive Visa bill. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom