Its official,Im quitting my job to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-macphisto-

Refugee
They wont give me a week off with no pay, And me and my friends already planned to go to both San Diego shows, and both Anaheim shows. Im kinda of sick of my job anyways, but it pays good, and it's easy. Should I quit my job for U2?

I wouldn't quit my job for U2.

To see them back in 2001 I took a "sick" day because they said they didn't want to give me time off as I was so new. My supervisor was going to see them the same day as me so I knew I wouldn't have to phone her that morning, it worked out grand :up:

They dont want to give me anymore time off because a couple of weeks ago I went to Miami for 2 weeks, and they didnt want me to go for that. So I told them i need a week off, but there telling me no more time off, I bet i could get a day off maybe 2, but nothing more, but i want to see all 4 shows!

most places won't give you unpaid days off, corporate policies and all. what kind of job do you have? if it's just some job like cashier at best buy or something, then yeah it's no big deal to quit your job. but if you've got a good job with benefits and such, you'd be crazy to quit.

i do think it's a bit crazy that you just took off two weeks (and this was recent so you already knew about U2's tour dates and could've cancelled this trip) and now want another week, so you can go to FOUR U2 shows. why not just try for a day or two off and go to one or two shows? is it really necessary to go to all four?

KhanadaRhodes said:
most places won't give you unpaid days off, corporate policies and all. what kind of job do you have? if it's just some job like cashier at best buy or something, then yeah it's no big deal to quit your job. but if you've got a good job with benefits and such, you'd be crazy to quit.

i do think it's a bit crazy that you just took off two weeks (and this was recent so you already knew about U2's tour dates and could've cancelled this trip) and now want another week, so you can go to FOUR U2 shows. why not just try for a day or two off and go to one or two shows? is it really necessary to go to all four?

Its a good job with benefits, but Im sick of the job, and this would be a good oppurtunity to leave for a good reason(U2)! And there was no way I couldve canceled the Miami trip, we already had the plane tickets and all. I think Im going to quit, Im about 98%, tommorrow I put my 2 weeks in!

macphisto23 said:
Its a good job with benefits, but Im sick of the job, and this would be a good oppurtunity to leave for a good reason(U2)! And there was no way I couldve canceled the Miami trip, we already had the plane tickets and all. I think Im going to quit, Im about 98%, tommorrow I put my 2 weeks in!
i'm sick of my job too and i'm not quitting it. i think it's a tad irresponsible to up and quit your job for a rock concert. yes U2 are your favourite band, but come on. what are you going to do about money then? do you even have tickets to the shows? i saw you started a thread looking for tickets to san diego.

Unless you have another job lined up that you would like better than your current job that had just as good or even better pay and benefits, you'd be crazy to quit just so you can go to some concerts. Be realistic.

Back
Top Bottom