It's Official-I'm miserable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristenF

The Fly
I started a new job 2 weeks ago. It sucks. I hate it.
I wish I could figure out what I wanted to do with my life.:(

Some people never find what they want to do in life. I never did, but am starting a job I will like on Monday. I've been there for a while so I know I dont have to rely on alcohol to get me through any more.

Why is it so bad there?

:hug: That sucks. You have all my sympathy - I know how it feels. I started my job in September - 8 months ago. I knew I hated it within a couple of weeks of starting, but was scared it would look bad on my cv if I left so soon. I tried to convince myself it would get better, but it hasn't. I finally got my arse in gear and handed in my notice last week.

Now I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from me :up:

i remember when i first started my job, i hated it.
i remember calling home to mom after the first day, almost in tears, saying i wanted to quit and get another job.
here i am 10 years later at the same job :laugh:

:hug: i hope things get better for you

um no lol
for the most part i like it otherwise i wouldn't have stayed 10 years :wink:

I need to find a job - got my student loans total yesterday, sooooooo not good :uhoh:

Kristen, what are you hating about your job? Are you bored? Being harrassed? Is it too hard? What exactly do you not like about it? :hug:

The reason I hate the job is not that the work is too hard. In fact, it's something I have almost 14 years of experience in. It's a lot to do with the people there. Nobody is mean to me, but the other women in the office are very catty with each other & I just get a bad vibe from it. That and the fact that when I left my last job it was to take a year off and just be a housewife for awhile. So I think a lot of it has to do with trying to get back into the routine of having to go someplace every day.
Maybe it just takes time. Thanks for the support guys.:hug:

Sometimes fitting in to a new workplace is the hardest part of the job. Take it slow, ask your direct supervisor who you can ask for help if you need it and try to stay away from the office politics and catty co-workers for as long as you can.

Take care :hug:

Office politics is the hardest hurdle. We are employing a new person soon and my Boss told me off for trying to select the people who will be interviewed by whether I like them or not. But I think that s a valid reason. If people are catty or theres a bully in the office its not at all pleasant.

Keep going and if it gets too much quit and find another job. Your mental health is your most important asset. :up:

I'm sorry :hug: I hope you can quit it. Being stuck doing something you hate every day is a drag. I'm miserable for a lot of reasons too. Good luck.

U2Kitten said:
I'm sorry :hug: I hope you can quit it. Being stuck doing something you hate every day is a drag. I'm miserable for a lot of reasons too. Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear that you're miserable. Whatever it is, I hope it gets better & feel free to PM if you ever need to talk about it.
Take care of yourself.:hug:

Back
Top Bottom