It's Official: I'm Living The OC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
So check it.

As bad as The OC is, one of my pet peeves with the show is that all forms of introduction or greeting have been reduced to "hey".

Yesterday, a friend of ours was in serious need of coffee and the coffee cart at our church wasn't going to do it. I volunteered to go to the local Starbucks to get her a "Vente Non-fat Latte", what ever that is.

Anyway, I get to to the Starbucks, and like four different people walk by and give me the knowing "hey". I don't even know these people. And what happened to "hello" or "good morning" or "top of the mornin' to ya!".

Living The OC :angry:

hey nbc!

i say hello but somehow i accidentally drop the 'hel' part and end up with 'lo'.

i believe that all started with Mallory's boyfriend form Family Ties...

theSoulfulMofo said:
i believe that all started with Mallory's boyfriend form Family Ties...

Nick!!!

nick.jpg

remember his giant pink belt? :laugh:

strange but true...Family Ties came on as I was typing this post :shifty: :uhoh:

what was that terible show with the guy who always said "wow"?

hey is very common. I use it all the time. You know, keepin it real with the young'uns.

Also, the theme song from the OC cracks me up. (But I still kind of like it.)

Californnnnnniiiiiiaaaaaaaa.

Califoooooorrrrrrrnnnnnnniiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaa.

?Phantom Planet

*EDIT

AND the motto of the OC cracks me up even more.

Conversation between me and the OC:

the OC voice-over guy: "The OC, it's not like where you live."

Me: But, I live in OC.

the OC voice-over guy: (says something about something) *shows half-naked girls dancing around and jumping into bed with people, and where the "outsider" who is brooding and complex, and the intelligent (read:nerdy) yet somehow strangely cool guy get the girls.

Me: You're right, that's not like where I live.

Last edited:
Ody said:
the OC voice-over guy: (says something about something) *shows half-naked girls dancing around and jumping into bed with people, and where the "outsider" who is brooding and complex, and the intelligent (read:nerdy) yet somehow strangely cool guy get the girls.

You mean to tell me that you don't have half naked girlsjumping into bed with you every day? The lie on TV. :shocked:

JessicaAnn said:
You mean to tell me that you don't have half naked girlsjumping into bed with you every day? The lie on TV. :shocked:

Well, some of us do... :sexywink:

Okay, it's cause I'm married. Not quite the image represented on the show.

IWasBored said:
what was that terible show with the guy who always said "wow"?

I'm assuming you're meaning "woah" and not "wow". If that's right then the show was Blossom and the moron was Joey Laurence. Back when Mike Myers was on SNL, they did a funny as hell sketch about the show which ended with Joey's new music video entitled "woah". All Myers did was say "woah" to music dressed as Joey. It was hilarious. Ahhhh, back when SNL was funny, I don't even watch it anymore. Sad.

Oh, BTW, us So Cal's like to end a phone conversation with "late". We don't even say later anymore. Our society is getting lazy!

Late!

Jason.

Back
Top Bottom