It's official #I'm insane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Tomorrow there is going to be a gathering of medieval historical re-enactment people in a local park. We are going to wear our costumes and such, have a little fighting by our Knights in armor......all in this August heat. It'll be fun but we're going to get roasted.:tsk: :help: :uhoh: :crazy:

Will you be wearing one of those low neckline, tight bodice, cleavage dresses? That would be very comfortable summer attire. Especially in a nice dark brown or black color. :yes:

No, I'm going to be wearing Russian garb--loose, and I adapted it for hot weather by using lighter fabrics. If we really used Russian garb "by the book" we'd have heat strokes in December. That would be *stupid*, so we don't do it. No word on how my Viking buddies are going to dress for this..........not in wool!!

Last edited:
Pics please
boldyellow.gif
boldred.gif

Sicy, I presently don't have a digital camera. My dad keeps talking about getting one. But right now I don't have any way of putting my photos online. Angela, you're right about Russia and Alabama having different climates. They're around the Arctic Circle and we're in the subtropics. We don't use the six or so layers they used in the Middle Ages and we use lighter fabrics. Still, we roast. So yeah, we're all insane.

Oh, speaking of Planet Smoothies, I'm going to pick up a nice giant Screamsicle on the way to the faire. Heck, they had "fruit ices" in the Middle East in the Middle Ages, which got popular in Europe after the Crusades. Someone had to invent ice cream and sherbet. Heck, "sherbet" was originally an Arabic word!

Well I did it. Yeah, we were insane. We roasted. We had some fighters. I've never known how people could put on that armor in boiling heat and actually do it.......they do. I just sat there and watched. I split after a couple of hours and went to the Planet Smoothie joint and got a great big Screamsicle. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom