It's Official, I'm in a philosophical mood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
Perhaps what could have been is better than what would have been.

Discuss.

It's just an observation that's all,

Quite often I ponder about times in my life when I made certain decisions.

If I had made a different decision at that point, would it have been the right one?

And therefore, perhaps it's better to look back and wish you did made a different decision, than have actually made it and regret that you did.

Ellay said:
It's just an observation that's all,

Quite often I ponder about times in my life when I made certain decisions.

If I had made a different decision at that point, would it have been the right one?

And therefore, perhaps it's better to look back and wish you did made a different decision, than have actually made it and regret that you did.

Pondering is healthy. However, I've found that thinking too much about what could have been takes too much energy and zaps me. I'd rather focus on today and being the best, most happy and fulfilled I can for TODAY or even to choose to think about how to keep things on an even keel and happy for my future. :wink:

love_u2_adam said:
^ is bono a real candy in England cause if it is i want some:combust:

Sadly not, I got it from CUBA, though I suspect it's of Spanish descent.

They were wafer biscuits (Strawberry flavour)

"..How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?.."

This has always concerned me. Why is he refered to as a woodchuck..if his woodchucking abilities are in question? Maybe he is an underachiever. Maybe it is a family tradition. His woodchuck father demanded his potential woodchucking son would in fact become a woodchuck regardless of alternative career prospects. Maybe this is why he doesn't care for improving his woodchucking abilities because he wanted to spite his old man. What exactly is woodchucking? And what would I do if I met a woodchuck face to face? I can't just offer him mungbeans and ask him to invite me in to his woodchuck hut. Many questions and so little time..

Count Marzipan said:

This has always concerned me. Why is he refered to as a woodchuck..if his woodchucking abilities are in question? Maybe he is an underachiever. Maybe it is a family tradition. His woodchuck father demanded his potential woodchucking son would in fact become a woodchuck regardless of alternative career prospects. Maybe this is why he doesn't care for improving his woodchucking abilities because he wanted to spite his old man. What exactly is woodchucking? And what would I do if I met a woodchuck face to face? I can't just offer him mungbeans and ask him to invite me in to his woodchuck hut. Many questions and so little time..

:hmm: I shall ponder this woodchuck matter during my commute home this evening. Perhaps I might come up with some in depth woodchuck insight.

Count Marzipan said:

Dear Count M,

I had always thought woodchucks were a species of bird. Am I mistakenly confusing Warner Bros Loony Toons with David Attenbrough? Can I even spell half the words in these sentences? Will biege ever be considered seasonal? Is it beige or biege? Beige looks more like it, but as they say " 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' "..

Yours sincerely,
Wondering why we sign it sincerely, when the alternate is so unlikely.

PS. What are mungbeans anyway?

Dear Angela Harlem,

Thank you for your efficacious response. Further to earlier queries, a woodchuck is indeed a non-human entity. To be precise, a woodchuck is a rodent of sorts, and occasionally referred to as a groundhog. I have found that humanizing members of the animal kingdom makes questions like the one I posed easier to manage and digest because I am no David Attenbrough.

Truth be told, I have never been fond of the word 'beige'. If you ask me, it has too many vowels, and looks like it was thrown together without due care and attention. I have no time for words that don't even make the effort to look like they sound.

Yours retrospectively,

Count Marzipan

ps. I have only ever seen one mungbean in my lifetime. Just another bean from a faraway place but it retains a romantic ambiguity in my opinion

ps. ps. Why do triangular cut sandwiches taste so much better than square cut?

On your second ps, I think because it looks tastier... At least for me it does. Food that looks better tastes better, I think.

Back
Top Bottom