it's official # I'm home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I had a great trip to D.C. I went to the Franciscan monastery and the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, and had meetings with my African Well Fund friends. We got alot accomplished. I'm home now to recuperate!

D.C. has alot of neat things in it, but good grief, I'm not sure if I've ever seen so damn much traffic. I couldn't get a cab back from the Basilica, so I took the subway. Nothing wrong with subways, but the taxis were tied up with rush hour and I've never been in a situation like that before.

the awesomeness of this story is only transcended by verte's trip

i went to d.c. during my formative early teen years. my mother, an american ex-pat, hoped to imbue me with a sense of patriotism unlike anything canadian's aspired to.

the city was quite nice. it was summer and the national capital served as party central for the nations 225th birthday.

i, however, was mired by a creepy disposition that i could not evade. this 7 or 8 year old boy with red hair was in line behind us at the toronto airport, a few rows away on the plane, in line in front of us at the hotel and spotted several times throughout the week at the smithsonian, capitol and whatnot.

its really too bad.

Back
Top Bottom