It's Official I'm Going To Smack My CD Burner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
The :censored: thing keeps screwing up on me. :rant:

Today I tried to burn a cd for my mom and wasted 2 cds. It was moving along fine until I hit the 9th song and then told me "error detected, cannot finish burning". :|

Does this mean Aerosmith is defective? Or should I blow up my burner? :mad:

I'm gonna take a :censored: nap.

Did you run a test first?

Were you copying a cd directly or making a mix disk.

I sometimes run into trouble when I'm making a mix disk because the files are different formats.

What program are you using?

I have had no trouble with windows media player, it converts all the files first and then burns the disk.
*edit to add* first take the source disc and copy the song(s) into your library. Then pick the songs for the disc and make the disc from there.

It could also be the CD...now that many of them are encoded to fuck up your computer to prevent copying

Last edited:
Close all other running programs while burning your CD... they might interfere with the buffer...

I use roxio to burn, and the songs were all mp3's. It looked like they converted the files first, but I'm like this :der: with computers, so.... :shrug:

I have no other programs running 98.999% of the time I burn, too.

*kicks burner

I was so hoping to get that Kid Rock shit off my comp by tonight, too. :mad:

*avoids making "aerosmith sucks" comments in order to not piss off people*

smack it! smack it! :hyper: kick it's scrawny little cd-burning ass and let it know who's boss!

you can see WHY my vcr is in the shape it's in...hehehe

Thanks, daisy. I'm not fooling with it until tomorrow night. I think I will hurt it or throw it out the window if I have to throw out another cd. :yell:

I talked to my mom's boyfriend tonight and he said it may be the file, too, but that the source may have it where I can't burn it, or something. :shrug: So, after I try to convert it and if that doesn't work, I'll just try to burn it without that song.

And for the record, my mom and I are planning on seeing Aerosmith and KISS this year for her mother's day present, lol :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom