ITS OFFICIAL # I'm famous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
DiGi sent me this message that someone posted on the DC yahoo group:

" I recently returned from a holiday trip to California, which included the
sighting of a U2 fan license plate.

As my brother and I made our way to see the new Lord of the Rings film
(excellent by the way), I noticed a mid-80s Mustang in front of us with the
following California plates: "U2LV8ME" or U2 Elevate Me. Very clever.

Happy New Year

Mike"

:cool:

So I sent him an email.. and he replied

SICY: That's my plate! lmao! :-D A friend of mine told me about this message. How crazy.. what are the odds of us actually Speaking

I'm glad you 'got' the plate. Most people think it means "U2 love
ate me :-|

HIM: Very cool. Actually it took me a second to decipher the plate. I almost went the direction of "U2 love hate me" before my brother -- not a U2 fan -- blurted out, "U2 elevate me."

It was last Thursday, Winchester Blvd. off ramp from 280. My brother and I were heading over to Century 21 for the 4:00 p.m. showing of "Lord of the Rings." We were right behind you for the first few feet of the off ramp before you changed into the right lane and pulled way ahead of us. My brother joked, "You think Bono is driving that car. Could be, looks like the driver is short." (Granted, I didn't get a good look and couldn't say
how tall you are.)

Happy new year

Mike

:lol: :laugh:

LOL!!! I can't believe he saw your car!

I know you both, as does Dizzy. :)

I think Zoney met Mike as well, at the Coldplay show, but he might not remember. :drunk: ;)

yeah well if anyone ever sees a white cavalier convertible with a purple heart suitcase sticker on the bumper thats me.

:wave:

If anybody sees a maroon Beretta with blood on the hood...it's not mine.

I swear!

:wave:

meegannie said:

I think Zoney met Mike as well, at the Coldplay show, but he might not remember. :drunk: ;)

Are you serious?? How do you know for sure? "Mike" could be anyone! ?

I swear, U2 makes this world a small, small world. :heart:

ah we mere mortals are not worthy of company of famous people ;-)

Wow! :bow:

Imagine if he didn't know it was you driving the car and would have told people "hey I saw Bono's car! I did!"

:lol:

Sicy said:

Are you serious?? How do you know for sure? "Mike" could be anyone! ?

I swear, U2 makes this world a small, small world. :heart:

I'm on the DClist. I haven't checked it in a while, but that's how I met dizzy (and my roommate!). :)

omg meggy.. this thread was almost on the 3rd page! :laugh:

You are so :coocoo:

meegannie said:

Yes I think Jeff met Mike at the Coldplay show at 9:30....the one where the two of us where yelled at....Elizabeth met him as well.

As I told Sicy when I read Mikes thoughts it blew my mind....so funny.

Wow, Sicy you ARE famous.

:laugh: I just read Mike's post today and I hadn't a clue it was Sicy he was talking about!

:lol: So it's the Mike I know too, right? That is so funny...I should check in with the dc list from time to time over here... :)

really.gif

That is some seriously freaky shit. This will twist your mind even more----> The fact that there are people are around the world (members here) who now know that there is some guy who saw your car.

DiGi said:

Yes I think Jeff met Mike at the Coldplay show at 9:30....the one where the two of us where yelled at....Elizabeth met him as well.

As I told Sicy when I read Mikes thoughts it blew my mind....so funny.

Damn liquor.......

I remember a large group of people from the DClist, but I don't remember Dizzy (was hee there)? :der:

Mike didn't post to the 9:30 site about an ass in "Milwaukee" shirt did he?:lol:

zonelistener said:

I remember a large group of people from the DClist, but I don't remember Dizzy (was hee there)? :der:

She. :) I'm pretty sure dizzy was there, but I think she was upstairs. I don't think you two met.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom