It's Official# I'm disgustingly sappy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
So at work they decided to change the usual music rotation they have playing throughout the store, and I hear this song that I haven't heard in a long time. As it turns out, it was the song that my ex, when we first started going out, said was pretty much the story of her life at the moment. The song - Complicated by Carolyn Dawn Johnson (yes, it's a country song, and yes, I'm actually admitting this).

Now here's the kicker: I pretty much stopped what I was doing and listened to the song in it's entirety, and I've been all nostalgic in a 'what a time that was but now it's sadly just the past' way ever since. :slant:
____
:sigh:I'm such a friggin' loser/sap/dork. Shoot me now.

Edit: I was being a tad too sappy

Last edited:
I don't think there is ever any shame in looking back at certain points in your life. Whether positive or negative they can still shape who you are as a person and influence how you approach and look towards the future..they are always a part of you and there are so many who do the same..the question comes in what you can take from the past into the future....and it ain't sappy at all

[country accent]T'aint a thing wrong 'bout lookin' back on your life.[/country accent] Music has a deep and profound connection to certain points in our lives. Thats why nostalgic music is so popular (i.e. the 80's music trend when The Wedding Singer came out). When a certain song has a connection to something signifigant in your life, of course you're gonna be a tad bit "sappy." Don't worry about the feelings you are going through. I'm sorry the relationship didn't work out... but at least you can always look back at the happier times :)

you were WAY to sappy :angry:

start wearing flannel, grow a beard, and go hunting

This should be a confession.

Nah, I'm kidding. Adam, music often triggers intense emotional responses within people (as I'm sure you know), so it's completely natural to have an attachment to a song. Your comment about her life being 'complicated' shows that you still keep in touch with her and are genuinely caring for thinking of her.

:hug:

bonosgirl84 said:
right now, if i heard a song that reminded me of my ex, i'd get a gun :mad:

same with me:angry:

*picks up gun*

lets go hunting:mad:

Last edited:
:crack: Music has an eery way of drudging up old memories, good and bad.
:hug:
There is nothing wrong with being sappy, but tons wrong with listening to country music.

ACROB@T said:
Whether positive or negative they can still shape who you are as a person and influence how you approach and look towards the future..
indeed, that's why I'm a bitter freak

no, I'm not
I'm gonna kick ass all over the place

:adam: :up:

:eek:

sorry salome. i really did want you to join. you were going to be the only male member. :silent:

Thanks for the kind words and the laughs, everyone.

For the record, I don't listen to country on a regular basis. In fact, I had no choice but to listen to this song. Not that I disliked hearing it this time, though :reject:

And probably the biggest reasons we still keep in touch and got over things despite the rather bad breakup is that we've been best friends since 8th grade. (well, probably not what I'd call "best friends" anymore, but good friends nonetheless)

Ok, it just occurred to me after hearing this song again today that I'm most likely going to hear it every day I'm at work now, probably for a while. :crack:

Salome said:
you just hurt my feelings
both of them

I want to meet your brother. Make sure you bring him if he's funnier than you.
:wave:

Let the sing bring happy memories Diemen. Nostalgia doesn't have to cause sadness.

Angela Harlem said:

I want to meet your brother. Make sure you bring him if he's funnier than you.
:wave:
neh, I'm way funnier
though I'm also more silent and modest

Back
Top Bottom